LK Planning Thread

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
Once I have there game in hand *and* confirm it works on my machine, I will be starting 2 games. Sign up requirements will be simply game *installed* and working.

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

At the current time the game is to new to declare anything an exploit. At some point I expect for there too be a list of tactics not allowed in the LK series.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Automation of any kind is strongly discouraged until the game is known better.

2) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

Hi Lee. Glad to see you're still here and churning our SG's.

There are only 4 ceartianties in life. Death, Taxes, Ramen Noodles 4 for a buck, and LK having about 4 active SG's at any point in time.

I'll be looking forward to following your Civ4 SG but probably only as a lurker for a while.

Mabe when you're ready for LK51, the Resourceless Persians I'll join :p

-Maniac

ToddMarshall said:
Mabe when you're ready for LK51, the Resourceless Persians I'll join :p

-Maniac

Well LK51 was already done as Civ=America, Emperor, with nothing special.

Next up is LK108 as the first done with Civ4.

I just picked an arbitrary # (couldn't remember what the # was for that particular game and was too lazy to look).

I just assumed you'd start over at #1. See what assuming gets you :(

Edit: OK, I went to look up the # to refresh your memory, but it seems like the forum doesn't go back that far anmore?? It's probably for the best anway :lol:

ToddMarshall said:
I just assumed you'd start over at #1.

Yep. I'm too lazy to do anything else for RB. We have several series, and I forget how many games.

"How many SGs have you run for Civ4?" ... "Uh, I don't know. Whatever is the current number minus all these other numbers." :eek:

I was going to sign up for LK7 just for old time's sake, but now I'll have to figure out a new plan. :lol:

- Sirian

Well, she's still not here. She must be buying 1/2 of Wal-Mart?!

So I found the archives. When you're ready for LK 44 - all those other games, let me know. Maybe this time we could have somone mod out ALL the worlds resources so we wont be the only ones that don't have any though!

Honestly, my biggest regret for that game was that it ended before we could see that we also had no oil, aluminum, or uranium....

Jeez, I hope my gf comes back soon or I'm liable to downlaod the start file and play it out normally just so I can satisfy myself that we didn't have them.

Clearly, when on vacation I DO have too much time on my hands...

-Maniac

PS - @ Sirian - Conversely, I assumed RB would just continue with #51 (being that Civ 3 stoped a while back at #50.... almost seemed too convenient.

It's good to be unpredictable. :)

Out with the old, in with the new, at RB. I also wanted to be as welcoming as possible to new arrivals. There are bound to be a lot of new faces showing up, and so it's a bit of a psychological thing, that the new folks won't have those big numbers staring them in the face.

The big numbers are also a psychological thing, and I can understand why Lee would want to keep his going, since he got the number up so high. All those games, you don't WANT people to forget them! :) RB games, even the Epics, were sponsored by many different folks, so it is easier to move on.

By the way, Lee... You won't need Rule #2 any more. :) Some problems and issues are behind us now, for keeps.

- Sirian

I'm back. Haven't bought the game yet (it's only 7:30am here in Scottsdale), but I fully expect to have it installed later today, pending favorable feedback on the forums here (I take game reviews with a pinch of salt). Looking forward to some succession games with the crowd here!

Sirian said:
By the way, Lee... You won't need Rule #2 any more. :) Some problems and issues are behind us now, for keeps.
Since I you where heavily involved in testing I will remove that rule for now.

=============================

Revised LK series rules

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

At the current time the game is to new to declare anything an exploit. At some point I expect for there too be a list of tactics not allowed in the LK series.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Automation of any kind is strongly discouraged until the game is known better.

ToddMarshall said:
Edit: OK, I went to look up the # to refresh your memory, but it seems like the forum doesn't go back that far anmore?? It's probably for the best anway :lol:

Well Succession game LK1 - The glorious Persians was a stealth game. I hadn't even decided to number them in the thread title at that point. LK4 started me with actually putting numbers in the thread title. ;)

I suggest you look up http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=10192

My status has been upgraded to Shipped. :dance:

I get to install tomorrow and find out if I handle hardware T&L, the only question mark with my system.

That's an interesting read. My how times and our understanding of how to play the game changed with it. For the record, here is the game to which I was refering.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=48908

My place in infamy was assured by being part of the first ever loss in the LK series. :( At some point, we need to avenge that one...

LK108 and LK109 are starting.

Signup requirements are simple: Civ4 installed and working.

I will continue the tradition from Civ3 of 5 players per game. It will still be 10 turns each, and please make sure you check the victory screen to end your round with a turn ending in zero.

The settings are Pangaea with everything else random.

The first few games will be at warlord with the intention to up the level once people have a decent feel for the game.

:hmm: I guess not to many people got the game today.

This is really a different game. I can walk it an AI city with open borders.

Methos said:
I'll give a LK game a try. CivIV is up and working fine. Have you decided on any victory conditions yet? Or is these more learning?
Just win baby!

LK108:
LKendter
Methos

Sign me up for one, LK.:D

My first game is with England, and another SG with Japan, so I don't want to be either of those, but anyone else it fine.

Also, are map sizes random? I don't think I'm ready for a big one yet.

After playing the game some more, Civ 4 seems really good for 5CC.

MP, make sure not to drop out again halfway through...though I understand that you are all fired up for Civ4....sorry LK, I can't sign up for quite some time, this part of the world has to wait a while longer for the game :(

Top Bottom