Sulla's Civilization IV Walkthrough

Sullla

Patrician Roman Dictator
Hi everyone. For the last six months, I've been working on Civ4 as one of the pre-release testers for Firaxis. Let me say, it's been quite entertaining lurking and reading much of the commentary that's been posted here during that time. Some really clever things were written (and some amazingly misinformed stuff too :mischief: ). I was doing well with remaining anonymous until Chieftess had to post some of her MP screenshots last week from one of the games that we were both involved in... (but which team won that game Chieftess? And who had the highest score when we stopped playing? :p)

Civ4 will be out today, and many people will be getting their hands on it soon. To celebrate release week, I've updated my website to include a major Civ4 section and prepared a detailed game report called the Civ4 Walkthrough. This Walkthrough will be a little bit different from what you'll see on review sites, where they try to give the game a score, rank it, etc. Since I'm hopelessly biased when it comes to Civ4, rather than review the game, I'm simply going to play through a typical game and show you what it looks like, illustrating it with commentary and screenshots. I figure that will give everyone a rather different perspective from what they're likely to see anywhere else.

The Walkthrough is divided into 7 parts. One will be posted each day this week, to celebrate the week-long release of Civ4. By the end, I'll have taken you through a complete game of Civ4 right up until the Modern era. This post will be edited as I update the website each day with new parts.

Sulla's Website for Civ4
Introduction
Walkthrough Part One
Walkthrough Part Two
Walkthrough Part Three
Walkthrough Part Four
Walkthrough Part Five
Walkthrough Part Six
Walkthrough Part Seven

I hope you enjoy reading through it! :)

For those who have finished the Walkthrough and are looking for more Civ4 info stuff, try reading through the Succession Game that Sirian and I are playing through. It will be more than worth your time, I guarantee. :D

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133492

Latest update (12/08/2006): Updated the links in this post to reflect the Walkthrough's new location at my current hosting.

- Sullla

Important question: are there any paratroopers??

THANK YOU SULLA! :) Than you... helps keep us entertained while we wait for our own, and fun to read none-the-less :)

smellymummy said:
thanks, wish it had more info on navies and airpower :cool:

There's not going to be too much on navies and air power in 4000BC, now is there? ;) As I get further in the game, you should see some more things start to develop.

Now to Something completely different... :D
Thank you, Sullla! Very nice way to spent the time!

Thanks for the "review" Sulla, and for working your butt off for us! ;)

Can you tell us what your specs are, what settings your ran on and how it performed?

Very nice read. Filling in a lot of uncertainties. It's a great way to laern civ 4 while us poor europeans wait another week...

Thanks!

Hey Sulla was a beta-tester and has very kindly shared the information he had with us... on his own site! That means he's paying for the bandwith to host the images etc :goodjob:
This is the nearest us UK and Europeans are going to get to Civ4 for ages.... please mods publicise this thread somehow..... please!!!!!!
Even just a link in one of the stickies in the main Civ4 forum.... please!
[/begging mode]

Nice one Sulla!:king: :D

I read it, very nice site thanx, was waiting for this sort of things, would be happy to read more while waiting for the game to come out in europe.

Thanks Sulla, great walkthrough!

Keep them coming, this will help somewhat to alleviate my pain at having to wait for Civ4 to reach me in Germany :cry:

Edit: The Mods must have moved it while I was reading!

Please, this walkthrough is great, link it somewhere prominent! I've already bookmarked it, but others will be just as interested... all us poor b******* in Europe for instance!

SO what do all those map scripts mean/do? Are there oceans on a great plains world? Can you designate that you want your civ to start on an island in a continent world in 'custom'?

Nice job Sullla. Thanks for the hard work!

Top Bottom