Wonder movies are crashing the game

jomorisin

Chieftain
everything else renders fine, but when the screen zooms in to the city that has completed the Wonder, a screen comes up with nothing in it, and then the game craps out to desktop.

Any ideas? Can I turn these animations off?

I'm having this problem too. I'm hoping if we give enough information, something can be done...soon.

WONDER MOVIES ARE CRASHING GAME.

AMD Athlon XP 2000+
ECS K7S5A-Pro motherboard
1 GB RAM
GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB AGP8X
using DetonatorXP driver (files show ver.# 6.14.10.5216 in Display Settings)
Windows 2000 SP4
DVD-ROM and DVD+/-RW installed
Installed DirectX 9.0c from the game disc.

Software installed (major titles):
Pinnacle Studio 8 software with PCTV
Easy CD Creator 6
WinDVD and PowerDVD
Stars Wars Galaxies & Star Wars Jedi Knight II
Unreal Tournament 2004
Civilization III:pTW (Not Conquests)
Guild Wars
Microsoft Office 97 & 2003

Wonder movies are crashing the game.

All intro movies work until the main menu. At main menu I get error pop-up box:
"TXT_KEY_INVALID_PLAYBACK_TITLE" with an "Invalid Device" text shown in the box. Nothing but an OK button.

Once I press OK, I can play the game fine (I get the error again when starting the game).

When a wonder movie comes up, the game locks. If I hit ESC, I go to desktop and the game is gone.

I REALLY hope they get this fixed soon.

bump for an answer (please). - Is there any way to turn off or fix the Wonder movies?

You should be able to turn them off in the .INI file

NoMovies = 0
change to:
NoMovies = 1

alva848 said:

NoMovies = 0
change to:
NoMovies = 1

thanks man, I will look into it - when I get home from my newly started work day!!!!!!!! :D

I solved this problem by installing the latest drivers for my graphics card. nVidia put out a new set for the GeForce based cards just last week.

Hope this helps.

FYI: there is a parallel discussion going on in the Technical Support forum...

some movies worked but i am crashing on the colossal - geforce4 mx420 and windows 2k.

alva848 said:

NoMovies = 0
change to:
NoMovies = 1

I seen that in another post but I wasnt sure if it applied. In the other post it just said turn movies off but I just started I didnt know what movies I would encounter and how important they would be.

I got one movie to play the pyramids played fine but the hanging garden wasnt having it.

jened said:
some movies worked but i am crashing on the colossal - geforce4 mx420 and windows 2k.

to update, i turned off movies in the .ini file and it skipped it for the colossal which kept crashing the game however when i built pantheon it tried to show a movie i believe but the graphics were all garbled and then it crashed to desktop.

Same problem with Nvidia GeForce4 MMX. Editing the .ini file worked.

I can't update to the latest drivers as someone else suggested as that caused other problems (the details of which I posted in another thread).

Top Bottom