Unit: Assasin

s3d

Warlord
This unit using *.wav and *.amb files from immortals folder. Copy them into assasin folder or remove them from assasin.ini
I Assasin is made for SpecOps mod. To use it into SpecOps mod
1. Remove all Explorer* files from immortals folder
2. restore immortals.ini from backup
3. clear all *.flc files from assasin folder
4. put attached files into assasin folder

Attachments

• assasin.zip
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,977
trying to show picture

Attachments

• assasinattack.gif
    assasinattack.gif
    64.4 KB · Views: 6,970
Paint shop Pro and Animation Shop free trail versions, and of cause FLICster . Base unit was immortal.

Very very nice s3d!:goodjob: Your doing some really good work here, keep it up and keep bringing the units. :)

to civ3noobie :
Animation shop (10mb) and Paintshop (30mb) free trail version are at

http://www.jasc.com/

30-day trail period. (after that you can remove them and install again or be really bad, bad boy and use crack <not encouraged !>)
You also need FLICster from utility forum of this side and read exellent Dark Sheer manual on unit creation on creation forum.

Originally posted by Moeniir
Whoops! Trying again...

Nice work there, Moeniir ;)

No test run on those units created by me eh? I can see that you have been testing the other units but not mine? :king:

Nice looking unit graphics. :goodjob: Thanks for taking out the neon purple background :lol:

Originally posted by Dark Sheer
No test run on those units created by me eh? I can see that you have been testing the other units but not mine? :king:

Sorry! :D Besides, I figure I don't need to test your units, as you are the :king: of units... they always work ;) ! But, I thought I had posted some of yours as well. I'll certainly go take a look.

But ya know, I've been making the demo pictures using FLICster, with AS at the very end to create the GIF. It's a pain... a bunch of steps involved. I think I'll add that as a feature in the next release... "Create Demo". Only, I'll create AVI since GIF is copyrighted (hmm, except I don't think the forums auto-display AVIs... well, i'll check into it anway).

As promised, I have posted animated gifs (using grey backgrounds) of some of DarkSheer's units... those appearing in his sig block. If you don't have them yet, check them out!

The unit looks great!

Petty bickering question though, did you redo the unit frame by frame, or did you figger a way to do a master 'redo' (basically a recolorling) then touching up.

Again great job! I'd say keep up the good work, but um, that would sound like ahh, I just wanted to use you for your new units wouldn't it *G*

Recoloring . I used greyscale convertor from PSP and after that
loaded palette back. However for the next units I'm going to use 3d models and automated frame generation.

Heya S3d,

Wow, that was a lot of work to recolor, I started a project to do the same basic thing, --it's out there with the homebulit biplane and 1997's taxes, it will get done, one day.

I was trying the 3d modeling thing, experimenting with it, I was using Simpose from The Sims, the process would work, if I had more artistic talent, (got no concept of shadowing, all of my stuff turned out looking too flat). What prog. were you thinking about using? If you don't mind me asking?

Top Bottom