Unit: Prophet

MazterJo

Chieftain
Another unit from my Ultimod Pack is the Prophet. This unit can be used as a leader or a unit. It adds a great deal of diversity to the game. He attacks by casting spells. So one can use him to plant trees as one of his spells well thats just one use for him. :king:

Create a Prophet folder in art/units folder
Unzip the file into the folder

Here is the link for the Prophet.

Attachments

• prophet.zip
    757 bytes · Views: 2,095
Here is the animation for him casting a spell or attacking. :king:

Attachments

• prophetattack.gif
    prophetattack.gif
    97.5 KB · Views: 5,509
Just wondering if you had a chance to update this unit just like the specialops unit of yours?:confused:

Originally posted by MazterJo
sure wunder.. i'll get to work on it.. but what kinda of improvements do you want mi to add? an all white long robe? gimme ideas..

I think the unit looks good as it is. If it's just like in CTP. What I was asking is if you had a chance to re-edit it with Flicster so that it would work in civ3? Maybe you already have and I'm just late on the news around here. BTW...Good job on the SpecialOps unit! I've use it a couple of times now as my modern special "all can do" infantry unit.:goodjob:

I'm glad you all liked my work. But dont it would have looked good if not for the feedback. I jus back to skool and I have way less time on my hands. I'm trying to complete my mod pack the ultimod pack which is not doing too good because there are a lot of bugs in it. I do not recommend downloading it even until i re-create it.

I kinda tot of makin another type of submarine which will be similar to the USS Cheyenne, a Los Angeles Type Nuclear Submarine(SSN). But it'll take a while since i'm in skool.

So how much are you going to rate the unit? :king:

MazterJo,

Thanks for the great work. I just used the Prophet as a unit in my Biblical mod for the Israelites and it worked great.

The best was when this unit destroyed the Walls of Babylon :egypt: which allowed me to capture the city and liberate a bunch of (Israelite) workers.:goodjob: It was ... Biblical.

Here are my stats for this Israelite UU:
Replaces Warrior
Cost=1
A/D/M=0/1/1
Foot Soldier, Ranged Attack Animation. Does not upgrade.
Bomb str/rng/RoF=2/1/1

This unit requires some different tactics in the begining since a has an attack factor of 0 which means it can not be used to actually capture cities or destroy barbarian encampments. A combination of Prophets and Spearmen makes for an awesom offense and/or defense.

Hey godearner, those are excellent stats to use as a prophet. Plz tell us when your mod comes out. I ticked the radar flag when I used the prophet because I felt that since they are driven by divine powers, they should know when the next battle is goin to be, more like visions but it gives them a wee bit more advantage and is fun to play if yur on the isrealites side. You could try it but you already have very good stats for the prophet so it may not make too much of a diff. Pleased to know that your making good use of it. :goodjob:

Thanks for the encouragement MazterJo. However, I am running into the the crash bugs with all the changes I want to make:mad:

May be someone here can give me a few hints.
This what I am trying to do :
Biblical mod (Old Testiment):egypt:

Starting with LWC mod as base :smile:

Civs Keep:
Babylon
Persia
Egypt
Greece

Replace 3 civilizations
Americans ---> Israelites
Zulu ---> Cush (Qeen of Sheba as their leader)
Indian ---> Assyria

Plus One other. Maybe. Have not done it yet.
England ---> Phonecian

I want to remove all techs, improvements, wonders, and units which are not in the Ancient Age. The whole mod will be in Ancient Age. I will be modifing research and construction costs for almost everything.

This is as far as I got so far. The game crashes right after the initial splash screen.

Does anybody have any ideas? :confused:

Hmmm very interesting idea... but that is very hard to do... My modpack doesn't crash after I replaced the changed civs back to the Default Civs... The units aren't a prob..

Hint #1
I read sumwhere that you must match the number of city names... so if ya change the names of the city, you must have the same number which can be pretty hard to find... Also it's better to leave the Civilization Entries as they are... the PRTO_Egyptian thingie... if not you have to redo the whole civilopedia and pediaicons... that is if u can find where the correct entries r located...

Hint #2
There must be the exact number of techs in the game... means you can't add or remove... jus replace... if not the game will crash... y not replace the modern techs with other ancient ones like calligraphy or biblical studies... and you can't stay in ancient age forever... i dun tink the game will allow it...

Hint #3
Units and Buildings shuld'nt b a prob as long as you handle the civilopedia and pediaicon files... modifing them is pretty easy...

Hint #4
Try one thing at a time then test your mod... like add unit... test mod... unit fine then replace tech... n test n if itz fime then continue... tis helps u find out wat crashes the game...

So far, I progressing in my mod... my units work fine but when i replace the civs... there seems to b a prob... anyone had luck addin or deletin civs?? :egypt:

Originally posted by MazterJo
Hmmm very interesting idea... but that is very hard to do... My modpack doesn't crash after I replaced the changed civs back to the Default Civs... The units aren't a prob..

Hint #1
I read sumwhere that you must match the number of city names... so if ya change the names of the city, you must have the same number which can be pretty hard to find... Also it's better to leave the Civilization Entries as they are... the PRTO_Egyptian thingie... if not you have to redo the whole civilopedia and pediaicons... that is if u can find where the correct entries r located...

I did not touch the Civ Entries and I have done this before, so I do not think this is a problem. I have also had a different number of city names and it was not a problem, although there may be a threshold number (Need to check that).

Hint #2
There must be the exact number of techs in the game... means you can't add or remove... jus replace... if not the game will crash... y not replace the modern techs with other ancient ones like calligraphy or biblical studies... and you can't stay in ancient age forever... i dun tink the game will allow it...

I guess this will be the first thing I will need to check. But, I am know for a fact that LWC mod has additional techs, however removing techs, especially all after the ancient era may be a problem, although I do not think it should cause a crash so early in the game.

Hint #4
Try one thing at a time then test your mod... like add unit... test mod... unit fine then replace tech... n test n if itz fime then continue... tis helps u find out wat crashes the game...

I think you're correct here. I was hoping to avoid the crawl, but it seems to be the only way to go here.:cry:

So far, I progressing in my mod... my units work fine but when i replace the civs... there seems to b a prob... anyone had luck addin or deletin civs?? :egypt:

I only seen people replacing civs. Then I get home tonight I will test deleting a civ and see what happens.

Is it just me or does that animation and unit bare a striking resemblance to the priests in Age of Empires?

hey, mazterjo, where can i get the whole ultimod pack? the zip file you have for download doesnt have any flc files in it.

im sorry humtake, u'll have to be a lil patient on dat... i'm currently working on a brand new one... with all the units in it... it shuld b finished before the end of feb... im also workin on two other new units, the satellite, the best reconaissance tool in the game and the nuclear ballistic submarine, which has VLS(Vertical launch systems) for bombarding onshore targets. There are also more units cummin too so juz wait a while. I also added another new government too.

After you download the prophet file, create a folder named prophet in art/units and unzip everything there. Next open the Hacked Civ III Editor found in the utility section and open yur civ3mod.bic file in it. The go to rules: units and click add...

Then fill up the stats... :king:

Top Bottom