Inlightened Imperialist Party

Alphawolf

Basileus, Founding Father
Magna Carta of the Inlightened Imperialist Party​
Our Mascot PIP
Please only post if you are a member or wish to become a member. The pun in the title in intentional. Time to learn about the goals and purpose of the Inlightened Imperialist Party. The Inlightened Imperialist Party is not a political party in the fashion of US/British parties who have a stand on everything. We are more of a group of citizens who seek to reach our goals. You do not have to agree with us to join. We welcome debate so if you disagree join and try to change our minds, we are open minded here. No one who joins will be tolded who or what to vote for. You do NOT have to agree to the following goals to join. No one can be forced out of the Party, unless they are banned from the Demogame.
I. Our goals are as follows:
  1. To monopolize as many resources as possible.
  2. To have all the Holy Cities whether by research or force of arms.
  3. To bring every Civilization possible under the sway of our religion.
  4. To own all strategically important cities.
  5. To police the world.
  6. To only go to war when absolutely necessary.
  7. Be elected Secretary General of the UN.
  8. To win by any means necessary that does not sacrifice honor.
  9. To be proactive to hunt down barbarians and take their cities.
The explainations and reasons for these are: (the numbers correspond to the goals)
  1. The more resources we have monopoly over the more power we have over trades.
  2. The more Holy Cities the more gold and LOS.
  3. Helps relations and more money if we hold the Holy City of the Religion.
  4. Cities that are on a one tile isthmus between two bodies of water, cities on important islands, Holy Cities, and cities with wonders in them belong to us; we just need to help the AI realize this.
  5. We need to do our best to keep peace in the world between the different AIs. This is important because any small brushfire war can escalate through alliances in to a major World War; this is how World War One happened. The exception is when we find it necessary for a region to become destabilized we should start wars between the AIs.
  6. War costs money and drain the economy. It should not be entered into lightly.
  7. We need to be the Secretary General so we can keep votes from happening if we need to.
  8. Is self explanatory.
  9. The barbarians will come for us, but to keep the damage to our develped infrastructure at a minimum we must take the fight to them. Also we will not take barbarian cities until they are at least size 2 so we can keep them.

II. To request membership (all requests are accepted) PM or post here. If you have questions, just PM me.
A. You will need to put the following in your signature:
PAX _________ _______ of the Inlightened Imperialist Party​
1. PAX______ Acceptable versions for the blank are: AMERICANA, BRITIANA, ROMA, MONGOLIA, HELLENES, DEUTSCHLAND (what ever the Greek one would be; any Greeks out there please help), or the Name of our Nation when we decide on it. If you want one that isn't one of these seven you'll need my permission, it just has to be a Civilization that has controlled much if not most of the world as an Imperial power. I reserve the right to choose what can be used here.
2. In the second blank space goes your position either Member or Elder.
3. As a member you shall receive all rights and privileges accorded to members.
4. No one may be forced to leave the party except on conditions decided on at the first Party meeting.​

III. Organization of the Party
The Party will be run by me, the Grand Old Man, and six elders.
A. The Basileus (me) is not elected but the man who formed the Party
B. The Elders are elected for the length of three game terms​
1. The terms are staggered so two will be elected at each term election
2. Until there are at least 20 members of the Inlightened Imperialist Party there will only be four Elders and they shall be the first through fourth members to request membership unless they don't then it goes to the next person etc.
3. The election of the Elders shall be a poll where the person(s) with the greatest number of votes shall be elected. The polls will be open so no nonparty members can stuff the ballot box.
4. The Duties and Powers of the Elders shall be decided at the first party meeting.​

IV. Changing the Magna Carta of the Inlightened Imperialist Party
A. A poll must be conducted on the topic in question, a simple majority is all that is needed for it to pass.
B. The Basileus and at least three Elders or all six Elders, if the Basileus is against, it must agree in a Council Meeting, if so another poll in convened.
C. The second poll on the topic in question, a simple majority is all that is needed for it to pass.
D. The Magna Carta of the Inlightened Imperialist Party is changed per the voted apon rule.​

V. All polls of the Inlightened Imperialist Party are open to prevent nonmembers from voting.

Members of the Inlightened Imperialist Party

Council​

Basileus: Alphawolf
Prime Elder: Slim_Chance
1 Elder: Slim_Chance
1 Elder: admiral-bell Temporary Holder:
2 Elder: Mike Lemmer
2 Elder: Tboy
3 Elder: Knightlancer
3 Elder: uubry
The numbers denote the Class the Elder belongs to. Class denotes at which term the Elders are elected.
Class 1 Terms: 3, 6, 9....
Class 2 Terms: 2, 5, 8....
Class 3 Terms: 1, 4, 7....

Members

Alphawolf
Knightlancer
Pegasus_wings
admiral-bell
Slim_Chance
fausania
Gorillagorilla
Sticky Fingers
uubry
Gloriana
Cell Dude
XionNova
smeiter.de
Devros
Marcmann2
Mike Lemmer
vikingruler
Tboy
Piparoo
Stilgar08
Man'O'Action
CivGeneral
Blkbird
Aythanaeus
5star_US
roadwarrior
TylerDurdon
GeorgeOP
RoboPig​

As a member, I feel that this post is necessay to keep this thread near the top. :mischief: Sorry for ignoring you wishes Awolf.
-KL

Welcome (in no particular order) Gorillagorilla, fausania, admiral-bell, Knightlancer, Pegasus_wings, and Slim_Chance. Sorry for being late at this. When I said that this was non discussion thread I meant for nonmember unless they were posting a message to join, so members and Elders feel free to discuss our policies and ideas here.
-the Wolf

Alpha, I would join but I need a little more convencing on the effectiveness of your stratagy in the game.

-UUbry

:worship: :worship: :worship: Sorry Alpha It's been removed.:worship: :worship: :worship:

-KL

I'll join.

I guess that I will join having now used your strategy.

Sorry, my joining was somewhat ... covert

Alpha, mind if I use PAX MONGOLIA in my sig?

Top Bottom