Designated Player signup list

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Please post here if you want to be a DP for the warmup game.

At present I think all we'd need to know is:

Unavailable (available) dates to play:
Have the game? :
If not, when will you have it? :
Does it run normally?

My "campaign promise" was to randomize this list to give everyone a chance (on the basis that folks who don't get the preorder or outside the US are not penalized), but the citizens may choose to use "first come first plays", so don't hesitate to sign up. Just tell us when you expect to have the game. :D

Ok, ok, I'm in! ;) As long as somebody tells me what I should be careful about and what I have to be aware of, I'd like to participate!

I (said I will lurk just a bit, but those days are gone! (It was yesterday... :mischief: )
I have the game and it runs smooth! :) (European here...)

Signing up, got the game, available virtually all of the time, game runs normally (if a little slowly).

Have the game. Unavailable Mondays and Wednesdays. Game runs rather slow. Speaking in non-sentences. Writing like this makes me feel stoopid.

Available dates to play: I can put in 1 to 2 hours everyday. (More on weekends)
Have the game? : Yes, I do.
Does it run normally? : Flawlessly. Only thing is that I can't use gamespy because port 6667 is blocked for me :( (Can't log in for NWN / Dawn of War either)

As for playing, I don't mind playing anytime, though I'd like to have a go at it early, preferably when the first worker is out. (That's my agenda... Workers + tile improvement)

I am willing to play and have the game running perfectly. I'm free mostly always, but I live in Europe so my timings might differ a bit from americans.

Yes, I would like to join in but only in the role of 'yelling advise'. I don't want to 'sit in the hot seat' as this is my first DP.

Got the game, runs well after I updated graphic card drivers.

I think i will have to pass for right now as the DP. But maybe later

EDIT:
LAter is now, sign me up.

I'd love to be a DP

I'm in the US Central Timezone and can play most days from 2pm onwards. (My wife likes me to sit down with her for dinner though :) )

I've got the game

It's running perfectly after I updated the Nvidia drivers

Still want to participate. Sorry for not being around alot lately that'll change again next monday (Nov., 28th). I'll be able to play from that date again, as well (had to go on business-tour unexpectedly - sorry for any inconvenience) :blush: .

So far things don't look to bad! :goodjob:

I'd like to join the game, if still possible. For infos about me please read here.

I just patched my game to 1.09, so far it seems to be OK. Before that it crashed occasionally, nonetheless I managed to play over a hundred hours - a single Chieftain level Epic game on a Terra map. I concluded the game in year 1300 when I got as many points as all the other players combined and "The New World" practically all for myself. In other words, I am an obsessive micro-manager with yet no knowledge beyond the Renaissance era of Civ 4. I did play Civ 3 a lot, however.

Hi, everyone!

I've been playing [civ4] for about two weeks, and I've finished 2.5 games. My first was a 'warmup' on Settler, and my other two have been on Noble. I barely won my second game with the spaceship, and my third game I'm playing as the Mongolians :) (only, with Kublai Khan). My second game was as Alexander, so I have experience with Aggressive leaders.

Anyway, my game works fine except for a few pesky graphics errors. I understand fully how to screenshoot and if I become DP, I might post a lot of screenshots in my report, if anyone cares.

Unfortunately, I am available only sparingly on weekdays, but I can play on weekends almost all of the time. Of course, it's only 10 turns, so I should be able to play on most weekdays, depending on homework.

As for style, I know how to wage a war, having done so in my first and current games, though I don't prefer it. Cavalry are huge; I was able to take back a city that Tokugawa had thrown like 20 samurai and war elephants at with 4 of them! I also like having a religion, and considering our current position would go for Confucianism. In my current game, I founded Hinduism and have spread it all the way up to 43%!

I'd love to be a part of this practice Democracy Game!

I dont have the game, but want to observe and offer advice. I will get it soon

Top Bottom