Darker jacktet for Modern merchant

very nice. i havent got 4 yet but will download everything when i do.
top marks. i prefer more generic non uu/flavor units.

Rufus T. Firefly said:
I have edited the jacket for the modern merchant to a darker one, also I had removed the $ simbol from the bag (why a national symbol on a non-specific unit).

Silly Rufus... everybody knows that a dollar sign means money... :rolleyes:

:p

Why would the $ be universal? It doesn't have a long history of being regarded as money, actually I find it to be more related to the snake-staff of medicin. :p

Of course in a game I don't care about it and I also don't know if the Romans, i.E. had a symbol for their currency or the Phoenicians etc.

Rufus T. Firefly said:
Ehy, why I must have an American simbol for money?

There are also €, Yen and, historical, Fiorino (Florence currency) and £

Actually is not american in origin, the dollar sign is a simplification of the spanish coat of arms.

http://www2.uah.es/asi/amcana/DOLLAR.HTM

anyway, it is amazint how quick you are. hasn't past a month since the release and you already making graphic changes and new units.

Good job :goodjob:

civaddict098 said:
I think a $ sign is the most universal sign for money.

Right, same as West Point is the most reknowned military institution ever and Broadway is more of a wonder than italian opera.

Don't we all love US-centeredness?

My goodness. I'm so sick of the USA getting hated on. That guy was ignorant to think the '$' is universal but I'm tire hearing everyone rant about "US-centeredness" The game was made in America, by Americans, so I'm sure there may be a slight hint of "US-centeredness" just because it's what the developers are familiar with. That's it. If it was made in Asia I Japan I doubt you would hear Americans get pissed about the neglected $ sign.

Urederra said:
Actually is not american in origin, the dollar sign is a simplification of the spanish coat of arms.

There are several different theories as to how the "$" came about, not just that one. One is that it was an overlapping of U and S (from US), and the bottom curve was eventually dropped. One is that it was an overlapping P and S (as in peso), and the loop was dropped. Check wikipedia, they've got a multitude of info on it.

Perhaps it was all of those, and since people saw it everywhere, they started using it.
And heaven forbid that the most powerful country in modern times... steal the show in modern times! As if that whole knight thing in the middle ages isn't eurocentric. And the wooden ships they feature.
If you don't like how the game is made, mod it. Like the guy who made this board.

DemonDeLuxe said:
Right, same as West Point is the most reknowned military institution ever and Broadway is more of a wonder than italian opera.

Don't we all love US-centeredness?

Yes. It makes things simpler for the majority of Firaxis' customers ;)

Hey, Good Job Rufus!

Btw, I don't mind little US-centeredness but I imagine italian opera is more of a wonder to the Europe than Broadway. Yuck, those musicals... brrh...

Top Bottom