• Hitler

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Marx

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • a religious figure

Votes: 76 49.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The options are little too modern in selection and bit too eurocentric.

Chap who invented agriculture. Don't remember his name.
It was a while back, but I think he was very hairy.

Mohammad. Not only founded a major religion but united the Arabs and prepared them to conquer most of the Middle East.

none of those guys, and if you had to choose a religious figure, it would in theory either be amenhotep, Abraham (of ancient Judean tradition) or the Zoroaster diviner who name I wont attempt to spell.

Adam would be the obvious religious choice... ;)

Out of the people on the list I'd chose Charmange, ONLY because he's the most ancient person. There are tons of other people that could compete for that position though...(Attila the Hun??)

Smellincoffee said:
Adam would be the obvious religious choice... ;)

Don't you mean Eve? lol, she did a lot more then Adam...haha...

I'd have thought the obvious answer is Confucius, but I'd still say Plato, or perhaps even Pythagoras. As for Abraham, it's hardly certain that he even existed.

The poll is far too skewed to recent people. How could anyone from the twentieth century be considered the most influential person in history?

Possibly Martin Luther or John Calvin. They completely created a long-lasting religious conflict all over Europe, and gave rise to more enlightened religious followers.

After crunching the numbers for three centauries on a planet sized supercompiter, the human with the maximal history divergence score was Ernst Moro a fairly well known Austrian physician.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Moro

I will say Socrates, Plato or maybe Jesus or St Peter. This guys has the most inpact although Confucious has mega influence in East Asia.

For the recent i will say Marx on Class struggle.

Ramius75 said:
I will say Socrates, Plato or maybe Jesus or St Peter. This guys has the most inpact although Confucious has mega influence in East Asia.

For the recent i will say Marx on Class struggle.
And what about the rest of the world?

sydhe said:
Mohammad. Not only founded a major religion but united the Arabs and prepared them to conquer most of the Middle East.

I agree, the birth of Islam changed the course of history completely.

It would be very hard to imagine the world without it.

From a religious point of view - Adam
From a realist point of view - that man who first said: "Why should I work, when my neighbour can do the job twice as good?"

What the other gripers said.

To play along, I think Muhammad has had a notable, almost immediate and significant impact on global power relations as we know them today. Confucius is also a good one. These characters, in contributing religious doctrines and philiosophical tools for living your life, made serious political contributions to the world they left behind.

Aristotle is another one to throw into the mix.

If university historians were polled, I think Charlemagne would win.
But I voted for Cortez because I think that toppling the largest city in the world was the single event that 'changed everything'. Two continents worth of people got exterminated or enslaved; all in a few decades. Every other influential persons accomplishments-good or bad- helped shape modern times and eventually blended in to the other mix of events. There was no mixing with Cortez; It was a sudden catastrophic event with far-reaching permanent conclusions.

Abraham, fouded the Abrahamic tradition. If both Mohammed and Jesus deserve first on some lists, then how about giving it to the man who started it all? Christianity's numbers far out way those of Confucianism, and Islam isthe next runner up. Islam is also the fastest growing religion in the world. Together, they make up over half of the population, 52.74% to be exact. Together, their acomplishments outshine anything else, but alone they are outshined. Abraham founded the Arabrahamic tradition of Monotheism and thsu deserves the spot of being the most influential person in history, with Mohammed in second, Jesus third, the Buddha fourth, and Confucious fifth.

Top Bottom