Tru1- Islamania!!

Truronian

Quite unfamiliar
Retired Moderator
Got bored with Hinduism/Buddism/Judaism so I thought an Islam based game would be an interesting change, however I dont have time to go solo, so I'm SGing it.

World Size: Standard, Natural coastline pangaea
Climate: Temperate
Sea Level: Normal
Difficulty: Noble (up for disscusion)
Civ: Arabia (Saladin)
Victory Conditions: All
Speed: Normal

Variant: Our priority is to spread Islam throughout the world. Tech-wise, the only religion we can found is Islam. If someone else gets Divine Right, we head straight for the holy city and claim it for ourselves (which could be interesting if its on the other side of the world). Victory-wise we'll play it by ear (thouh my other SGs are conquest-based so maybe Diplomacy?). The challenge will be in spreading this late game religion through the world.

Providing there is enough interest I'll roll a start tomorrow morning (about midnight America-time). Thoughts on difficulty welcome.

Roster
Truronian
The Caltrop
Axle
Lucky the Fox
Bayford Beef

I'm in. Although I'm afraid I can't provide screenshots... I've got a graphical bug. :(

I'm also a noob to civ 4, so if either of those two things make me ineligable. Tell me. :D

No worries Caltrop, just make your turnlogs extra descriptive ;). What is the exact problem you are having with the screenshots?

As for noobiness, this will be only my second completed Civ4 game (assuming we get that far). :)

I have the 'black terrain bug'. So, I actually could provide SS, they'd just look really ugly. And before you count me out, the game will play with this bug, and I can still mouse-over terrain to see what it is so I can play, just much slower than normal.

I'd be willing to join in. I'm sort of a noob too, so that's only if you're not worried about having to many of them... :p

Okay, one slot left open so I'll roll the start.

Noble is the difficulty (no early religion could be a challenge on its own).

Truronian - UP
The Caltrop - ON DECK
Axle -
Lucky the Fox -
Bayford Beef

Attachments

• Tru1Start.JPG
    Tru1Start.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 315
Turnwise, I'll play thirty, Caltrop will play twenty and then we'll drop to ten (If it turns into a building game we can always up the turn number).

My thoughts on the start are either:

a) Settle one south (lose a turn), ths nabbing the fish and a costal tile.
b) Settle in place.

What does everyone else think?

Is that a fish in the water? I'd probably step south and lose a turn, since coastal cities are so useful now. If we were financial there would be no question about it.

Yes, that is fish. Bear in mind we are on Pangeae so the sea is less important (though I still think moving is the right move. That would give us FOUR early resources :wow:)

I would move south, even on pangea, sea are a huge plus, especially with ressources.

Also, when you post screenshots, is it possible to turn the ressource visibility on? I have a really hard to spot them on shots otherwise. :(

Okay,

4000BC (1):
Move Settler south for coast
Send Warrior exploring West
3960BC (2):
Mecca founded. Begins on worker.
Agriculture researching
3920BC (3):
Pop Hut for gold
3800BC (6):

3760BC (7):
Mecca's borders expand
We have a peninsula to the west, so I think our plan should be to expand east and block of the peninsula (no open borders).
3680BC (9)
Peter finds us (from east)
3640BC (10)
Agriculture complete -> Hunting
3480BC (14)
Hunting done -> Animal Husbandary
3440BC (15)
Meet Mao from the north
3400BC (16)
Buddhism founded (unusually late)
3360BC (17)
Hinduism founded
Worker finally done -> Warrior
3120BC (23)
Animal Husbandary done -> Fishing
3080BC (24)
Warrior survives attack by lions
Wheat connected
3040BC (25)
Warrior done -> Another Warrior
3000BC (26)
Pop hut for gold
2920BC (28)
Fishing done -> Archery
2880BC (29)
Warrior done -> Settler
Settler should go here to block off peninsula

2840BC (30)
A dull last turn

'Dot'map

I think Red then blue

Known land: Peter is on right, Mao up north somewhere

Save:

Truronian said:
Yes, that is fish. Bear in mind we are on Pangeae so the sea is less important (though I still think moving is the right move. That would give us FOUR early resources :wow:)

I was thinking about the health bonus we'll get from building a harbor.

Anyhow, I think we should build city on a blue dot first. It'll get us marble (Oracle? Then we'd surely get a great prophet, which could be useful in securing Divine Right.) and Peter is sure to expand there soon if we don't. Unless Mao is directly north from the red dot, I doubt anyone will build a city on it before us.
As for the green dot, I'd probably forget it. We'll get horses, silk, clam and pigs when we expand to north and west anyway.

So depending on what's north of the red dot. I might suggest building cities in order of blue, yellow (That'd make us waste few tiles though, which I don't like doing.) and red (One tile southwest from the dot.).

I'm completely open to both locations... any more words/opinions before I make an executive decision on city placement for Medina?

I'd send the warrior near red dot to check to see how far Mao is away from us. If he's close enough to get red dot I'd settle there

Agreed: if Mao is far away, blue dot is more "threatened". If he is close, red dot is more important :p

Give Caltrop til tonight, and if nothing I think we should skip

Top Bottom