New Unit: Atltlacatl(11/16/2005)

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword

Attachments

• ALarge_0001.jpg
    ALarge_0001.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,181
very nice few things
you should mess with the material room. His armour is shinny, it looks too matalic, also the shield. You should decrease the shine. and unconnect anything attached to it in the material room
but thats mainy just for the PCX. If you can save a another photo of him close up but a little brighter I could edit it in photoshop to make it look more like the one on DBA
as for the animation good just, no fortify?
attack is nice, i think you finally got it
victory is odd, his movements and the spear goes passes through his right leg, but i guess it should be fine
death is perfect
----- totally your best unit ^ ^ -------

you could make a simple fortify animation where he sort of limbers up a bit (e.g. does a shoulder-rotate. you know the type)?? looks nice by the way :D

Since you posted @ EVO games, I posted my comments there. Nice unit in most regards.
btw: You should NOT post a DL from EVO to here without clearing it with the EVO admins. You can just post a link to your unit thread.
I post links from Civ3files to here and EVO, but I cleared it with GIDustin first.

Cool idea for a unit, SoG. You sure do like your mesoamericans, don't you?! DLing straight away...

Yes that was a big controversy back in the day.....

Glad to see your imaginative units keep improving their quality, while not diminishing your flair...

Another nice one SOG :) particularly like the rich emerald green on him... out of curiosity, where do you get the names from? Cuz there was actualy a Mayan Cazique (Chieftain) who fought the Spaniards and called himself "Atlacatl".

I actually got the name Winter, and I'm glad you asked btw, by combining the Nahautal words for Water(Atl) and Man(Tlacatl). Since Atl-Atl means spear-thrower in Nahautal I went out on a limb and guessed that Atl also means "spear" and combined with Tlacatl would mean "Spear-Man". The concept art, from DBA painted online armies site, had this guy in the "Auxilla" slot btw.

Thankyou for the complements guys(Quinzy, Mithadan and Amesjustin thankyou). BTW Mithadan, I do seem to have an obsession with all things Mesoamerican lately, music, art, playing them in games etc..

hmm right...

Spanish to Nahuatl (english translation)
atlacatl: bárbaro, inhumano, cruel (barbarous, inhuman, cruel- Note from myself: The habit of wild waters attributed to people)
lanza: mina (spear),
lanza: tlacochtli (lance),
lancero: minacachalli (lancer, spearman)
jabalina, lanzamiento (de jabalina): neminaliztli (javelin, throwing a javelin)
lanza de mano: macuahuitl (hand-held lance, throwing-lance (?))
lanzadardos: atlatl (throwing dards)
lanzar: tlaza nitla (to throw something)
arco (de tiro): tlahuitolli (arch(er))
guerrero: teyaochihuani, teyaotlani (warrior)
traje guerrero: tlacochcalcatl (warrior's 'suit')

me finks a macuahuitl is the wooden-club-with-obsidian-blades-on-each-side-sword-type-thing...

@S.O.G. nah, noone would laugh at you :) who cares bout the names anyways- just posted this in case there are more of these suprb units planned so as to find good names for these.

@T.L. Conformist & Quincy: Ah yes, so that's what they meant- the spanish translation didn't make much sense

yes, seems to be
macana = macuahuitl

interesting thing I just found:
amacuahuitl: amate m, ficus m (ficus americana) (given the word for this tree has only one 'a' in front of it it might be that a "macuahuitl" might be the name for wooden weapons in general(?). Funny language, that.

Top Bottom