Georgia Mod

Fabius

Chieftain
After making my Pennsylvania mod, I used that as a model to construct a mod for my friend's wife who's proudly from the state of Georgia. This mod features everything except animated leaders.

One leaders: Lachlan McIntosh (Aggressive & Financial)
Unique Unit: Confederate Cavalry
Custom Georgia city names (Georgia names removed from American civ as well)
Full Civilopedia entries for all new items
The "real" Georgia flag, not the politically correct one that unfortunately flies over Georgia today

The mod seems to be complete to me. If you run into any bugs, let me know.

Just unzip the contents to your Civilization/Mods folder. Make sure you check the option to "Use Folder Names".

Note, it's set so the AI will never choose this civ. Players only.

State of Georgia Mod

Heck, I'll give it a shot, I'm from GA. I'm not getting into "real" or not, but I do prefer the previous flag that you are using (if it's the one I think it is;I haven't actually loaded the mod yet).

This is the flag I used:

I figured most people who would want to play as Georgia would think of this as the Georgia flag, not the new one that was changed for reasons of political correctness.

Fabius said:
This is the flag I used:

I figured most people who would want to play as Georgia would think of this as the Georgia flag, not the new one that was changed for reasons of political correctness.
Man, I was so confused when I saw this flag.
And then I got it! Georgia, USA, not Georgia, Europe. :)

Oops, yeah. Sorry. The text in my first post clearly mentions the state, but even the word "state" can be used in reference to a nation. At least the flag makes it quite obvious that it has nothing to do with the nation of Georgia. :)

Fabius said:
The "real" Georgia flag, not the politically correct one that unfortunately flies over Georgia today

I'm very excited, and honored, that you made this mod. I live in downtown Atlanta, and it is fun to think about playing.

However, for the record, I'm also very proud that we changed the flag and removed the confederate emblem. I'm not attempting to strike a debate, I just wanted to know that some in Georgia think it is fortunate to have the change.

Again, thanks for the mod!

There's only one thing (pronounced thang for all y'all who don't know) to say about this:

U-way

lukasbradley said:
I'm very excited, and honored, that you made this mod. I live in downtown Atlanta, and it is fun to think about playing.

However, for the record, I'm also very proud that we changed the flag and removed the confederate emblem. I'm not attempting to strike a debate, I just wanted to know that some in Georgia think it is fortunate to have the change.

Again, thanks for the mod!

Nice mod. I used to live in Covington, GA and work in downtown ATL.

I remember voting on the flag thang. And I liked both. It's interesting to note that the current flag was the CIS' flag during the war, not the stars and bars, which was the Battle Flag. ;) So, technically, everyone got what they wanted in that deal. LMAO Personally...I liked the stars and bars, myself. I felt is was a much better flag, but...What do I know?

How about adding General Oglethrorpe as a LH, he was the original founder of the Colony of Georgia?

Top Bottom