Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
An amendment to the Constitution and the addition of a section of the Code of Laws have recently passed Judicial Review. This is the poll for their ratification. If passed, these amendments will repeal the one office per citizen requirement of the current Article I and allow for a citizen to hold one Governorship as well as another Governorship or an Executive position. Only one position may be elected, however; a citizen may hold two positions only if appointed by the President to the second one for the purpose of filling a Vacancy. Therefore, the current election laws remain unchanged. The text of the proposed laws is shown below.

Article I, old text

Article I. Multiple Offices
Citizens may hold only one elected office at any given time, or be a deputy to only one elected office. Citizens may not have more than one accepted nomination at the commencement of the general election.
Article I, proposed new text

Article I. Multiple Offices
The number and type of offices which may be held by a citizen simultaneously may be limited if specified in a lower form of law.
CoL, proposed new section

Section I.1 Multiple Offices
A citizen who holds a governorship may also hold one additional office which may be an executive office or another governorship. Citizens may only accept one nomination per election cycle. If more than one nomination is accepted the first one shall prevail. The second office held by a citizen, if any, must be by appointment to a vacant office. The order of the offices held by the citizen is immaterial (Governor then Executive, vs Executive then Governor), as long as the offices are combined as specified in this section.

Since these amendments are being polled jointly, they have the requirements to pass of a Constitutional amendment. Therefore, this poll will be open for 96 hours. In order to be written into law, these amendments will require the affirmative votes of 67% of the citizenry voting in this poll (Abstain discounted) and a vote total of at least 12 (greater than 50% of the census of 22 votes).

It should be noted that Section I.1, being a Code of Laws amendment, technically has a lighter requirement for passage, but if it were passed without the amendment to Article I, it would be immediately stricken down by the current version of that article, so it can be said to have the same requirement to pass as the Article I amendment.

Relevent discussion can be found here.

edit: As a note, a minor typographical change was made, changing the numbering of the proposed new CoL section from I to I.1, in order to follow the pattern of the other CoL sections. No other changes were made.

I must sadly say this is neccesary. With so few people participating we must pass this poll. I would like to point out, if this Amendment does not pass and the President must appoint citizens to office where will we find citizens. For this poll to fail it must recieve 11 or less votes with 14 offices not enough active citizens to fill them. Therefore I urge all citizens even if you are not active vote YES to radify this Amendment.

These amendmenta have passed, with 100% of the 15 voters supporting it. Article I of the Constitution has now been amended and I.1 is now a part of the Code of Laws.

Well done, citizens! Well done!

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom