New Civilization: Canada

The file is: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Canada1.zip

Civilization: Canada
Noun: Canadians
Adjective: Canadian
Colors: Red
Starts with: Agriculture and Mining
UU: Mountie (cavalry, 1+ moviment and 1+ power)

Title and leader 1: Gouverneur Champlain
Leader 1 bonuses: Expansive and Organized
Leader 1 favourite civic: Representation

Title and leader 2: Prime Minister MacDonald
Leader 2 bonuses: Expansive and Industrious
Leader 2 favourite civic: Nationhood

Cities:
Ottawa
Toronto
Montreal
Vancouver
Calgary
TO BE CONTINUED...

IamSid said:
Alright, but their is already a great Canada mod out there!:D
true, but it doesnt have the Canadian flavour this one does..Mounties, write-ups, pics...both are good tho.

Champlain is a Quebec leader. You should have Sir John A. MacDonald, William Lyon Mackenzie King, Lester B. Pearson, or Pierre Trudeau as the leader.

And I think the Canadian Corps would make a better UU.

But as always, good job. :thumbsup:

Bogardan said:
true, but it doesnt have the Canadian flavour this one does..Mounties, write-ups, pics...both are good tho.

Ummm...I have all the write-ups and flags. :(

Added the pics last night, by the way. So now there are pics for all 4 leaders, plus all the the buttons. Re-skin for Canda Corps coming soon.

But yes, as always CivArmy does an excellent job!

I know you do what you want, but i think it would have been better:

1) to do a civ that haven't been done
or
2) help the existing one with your talentfull artwork.

Since you ask for advice for the UU and thing like that, it would have been better to ask before making it, there are so many canadian on these board...(By the way, having a skinned mountie is nice, but the +1 mov is quite ... boring, give it woodsman, march or a promotion!!)
While Brazilpack's civs where totally your matter, maybe you should create a developpement thread in the Main C&C forum to have a civ much more nice, with a leader, a UU that are full of players spirit. I'm sure that if you asked, your mountie and your longboat would have been different...
If you do the civ for yourself only, well that's nice to share. If you do it for everyone interrested, ask what whey expect...

It's your choice to get out civ as soon as you can, but even if they look beautifull, and they really do, I think they lack of this particular touch there was with Tupi, Portugal and especially Brazil....
The civ you are pouring out are nice prepacked object but stay industrial...just look the way you link cities from the civilization.xml to the Textcitylist.xml! you prepared list "text_name_ciudade1, 2, 3...."
Moreover, there is a problem with the colour. Since you take a color created by Firaxis, sometimes changing the colorset, there will be a problem when you will face the vanilla civ with the same color!! try to create some colors to prevent that.
Finally, it's only a matter for using your work for Superciv, but please, stop having all these different text files: it's bigger so it's longer to download, and it's longer for me to navigate trough them when i want to include it in Superciv

The simple fact that you say the developpement of a second Leader for the civ you made will be made after others LH (you don't develop civs, you develop LeaderHeads!!!)will be done just show that you want to us to see how good you are at making LH, but not in making a good civ...

Sorry to be the blacksheep, but it's a great work, from the art point of view, but that's all. It lacks some personnality that the other Canada mod has

anyway, nice arts

I don't see how it lacks personality... What's everyone's problem with there being another Canadian mod? People are going to make what they're interested in making. Nothing wrong with that.

I think it's great. Seems professionally done! I'd change the leader though, it doesn't make much sense when it's a Canadian mod.

Greek Plunder said:
I don't see how it lacks personality... What's everyone's problem with there being another Canadian mod? People are going to make what they're interested in making. Nothing wrong with that.

I can see both sides.. it doesn't bother me that theres another Celts and Zulu mod, I still finished mine for my own use and everything.. but I can see LAnkou's frustration as he is trying to compile all the new civs into a superciv pack.. and doing great work on that, I might add.. I don't envy having to sort out all the different colours :crazyeye:

Wyz_sub10 said:
Ummm...I have all the write-ups and flags. :(

Added the pics last night, by the way. So now there are pics for all 4 leaders, plus all the the buttons. Re-skin for Canda Corps coming soon.

But yes, as always CivArmy does an excellent job!
I didn't mean to knock your work Wyz..I was just commenting on the addition of Mounties and Leaders. I'm glad you were the first one to get Canada on the Civ map...:)

Bogardan said:
I didn't mean to knock your work Wyz..I was just commenting on the addition of Mounties and Leaders. I'm glad you were the first one to get Canada on the Civ map...:)

Nah, I'm just kidding around. I decided to go another way, but I know people love Mounties so I'm glad it was done.

Maybe when the regular civs get a 2-UU mod, then we can add an extra UU to the added civs as well - get the best of all mods that way.

Thanks for the comments!!! :) I have mines:
- I chose Mountie, cos this units looks like popular.
- I think it is a good idea someone produce a mod adding the second UU for each civ and then add more civis as Canada and Vikings with two UUs each one
- :lol: As I said before on Cherokee thread, I don't think it is a problem we have the same civ twice on these boarders since they use different style for leader artworks :) . I have my to do list done (please, check the Cherokee civ thread for read it in case anyone is curious ;) ) and I'll continue fallow it :)
- LAnkou: great idea create a forum before launch a civ for discussion as UU power and choice leader, but these LHs mine were already in other forums before here and them I collected the infos. Now I can see the suggestions on these boarders after launch the civ and then launch a new version with the changes. BTW, this isn't the final version, the final version just came with animated LH and modeled unit by me or another unit creator untill there I can make the changes easily and post the new version :)

thanks for enjoying!!!

Oh, more suggestions for the second leader of Canada? Just SuperBeaver told his ones :)

Nice work, but I'd also like to see a combined effort rather than seperate ones. In particular your leaderheads are great and it would be awesome if you created the leaderheads for the other mod... but that's just what I would want.

Ktulu said:
Nice work, but I'd also like to see a combined effort rather than seperate ones. In particular your leaderheads are great and it would be awesome if you created the leaderheads for the other mod... but that's just what I would want.

why not join my LH and unit with the other mod city list, civilopedia entry and other stuff??? :D It is good idea. oh, of course, if the creators of the other mod allow me to use them creations ;)

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
why not join my LH and unit with the other mod city list, civilopedia entry and other stuff??? :D It is good idea. oh, of course, if the creators of the other mod allow me to use them creations ;)

This issue, of course, is updates. It would be confusing to update 3 mods (my mod --> my stuff in your mod --> our stuff in the SuperCiv mod). It would be easier to combine efforts from the start.

I think the Zulu/Nguni effort is a good example. :)

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
Oh, more suggestions for the second leader of Canada? Just SuperBeaver told his ones :)

I didn't suggest second ones, I told main ones, as Champlain is a leader for Quebec, not Canada. :p

Why isn't it working for me?
It says it cant read a file. All your other civs have worked for me. It says this during extraction.

Actually, when Champlain was around, "Quebec" was defined only as the capital city of "Canada," which was entirely French, so it all works.
Mounties are much more distinctive than any Infantry (and to those who might claim that they never served a military role, you are wrong: they fought both in the North West Rebellion and in South Africa during the Boer War, and were probably the best cavalry in the British Empire at that point).

For a second leader, I'd have to go with Trudeau. He could pirouette when he liked a deal and give you the finger when he was angry.

Champlain was governor of a small, French colony, not of the entire country. He died long before the Canadian nation even gained independence.

Mounties did fight in combat, but the exploits of Canadian infantry during the World Wars is what helped establish Canada as a legitimate fighting force.

Top Bottom