City List Generator: Text --> XML

thamis

King of Kish
This little application converts a text file of a city list to XML code, which you can copy & paste into your MOD's XMLs.

CONVERT CITY LISTS HERE

This tool
- Creates the content for CIV4CivilizationInfos.XML
- Creates the content for CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.XML

This is particularly useful when converting city lists that are in a text file (or in the CIV3 editor), such as from calgacus' list. Simply copy and paste the city list (separated by [ENTER] key) in and let the program convert. Obviously it puts the same city name for every language.

This tool is useful if you are going to do a fully-fledged MOD which uses XML in order to completely change the civilizations (useful if you do several maps). If you only want to make one map, I suggest this tool.

Great. Now does anyone have city lists for Civ 4?

I've got a city list for my california civ, and I am so thankful for this.

Excellent Idea! Cant wait till this is done. I just noticed looking at your example of the unfinished product, that you allow for filling in things like adjective and name however-and this may be the unfinished part, I didn't notice any fields for the rest of the identifiable fields ...IE: the Civilopedia entries and such. Is this what your working toward? If so KUDOS! Cuz that would really take the eyestrain out of looking for and changing all this stuff just to add a custom civ.

Something new for me to look into.

Attached is a list of city names I used in a previous Civ version (Civ3 I think). I was a fan of having lots of city names available ;)

Sorry, no Polish civ, though :lol:
I actually did make a Polish civ for Civ2 many years ago, but I didn't save it. I remember Casimir was the male leader and Marie Curie was the female leader...that's about all I remember from it.

Attachments

• city names.txt
    28.3 KB · Views: 680
Top Bottom