Problems with patch 1.09

Chris H

Chieftain
Since installing the patch I get a message saying@machine is below minimum spec and will not run on this machine'. This is not true it does run but all of my Option settings are set to low E.g. High level graphics etc. It also sets Single Unit graphics and Low Resolution Text to on. When I reset the options in game the next time I restart the game all the setting are reset.

Prior to the patch I did have problems with the in game videos braking up and the opening video crahed the game back to the desktop but I disabled the videos and everything workd fine. E.g All high level graphics.

My machine meets all the specs except possible the video. Its an Intel 82945G and according to Dxdiags its working correctly with 224Mb of video. To be truthful I don't understand terms like 'Hardware T&L support' or 'pixel & vertex shaders'. I'm limited to Colour, resolution, and memory.

Can any help.

Note Ive reinstalled the game from scratch and still get the same problem

the messege apears as the intel graphics you have which is the same as mine doesnt suport hardware t&l but i can replicate it with software. due to this it isnt showing up as fulfiling the min req. i have heard the is away to disable this message in the civilization4.ini file but havnt looked my self so i couldnt tell you what it is. i think it's self explanitry though when you find it. After disabling the messege you can reset the graphics option how ever you like and wont be reset on start up

Thanks for the reply, I'll look, but getting rid of the message is only part of the problem. As I said it only started doing it since I applied the patch v1.09. I can set the options to high, but there only come into effect when you restart the game BUT that resets the graphics back to low again. I stress that this has only occured since the patch.

yes it is only since the patch and by removing the message it will also remove the reseting of the graphics options so you can play at what ever levels you want

handyandy said:
the messege apears as the intel graphics you have which is the same as mine doesnt suport hardware t&l but i can replicate it with software.

Are you able to tell me how to replicate it with software?? I exceed every requirement but my SISM650 graphics on my laptop does not support TnL.

I tried 3danalyser but that only goes to direct x 8 or something and im told Civ4 need direct x 9.

Is there something else that may throw some hope into me playing this game? (the black terrain is all that stands between civ4 and me:sad: )

it is an automatic software rendering with the intel945 chitset and if when you start civilization 4 it doesnt automaticly use software t&l i think you dont realy have a chance to force it to use software.
on my chip it is designed specificly to use software t&l so i cant help you sorry.

I've look at the ini file but have no idea what to change. Could you help please.

once you have found the civilization4.ini file either by locating it in your "my games" folder or by using the _civ4config shorcut in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4. you need to find the enter that says
; Don't show minimum specification warnings
HideMinSpecWarning = 1

make sure that the entry is =1
this should remove the message and let you set any graphic setting with out it reseting are restart.

handyandy said:
it is an automatic software rendering with the intel945 chitset and if when you start civilization 4 it doesnt automaticly use software t&l i think you dont realy have a chance to force it to use software.
on my chip it is designed specificly to use software t&l so i cant help you sorry.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks folks I'm back to working again.
Note that the software T&L works fine on Intel 82945G video card, but I do have a 3GB machine.

Chris H said:
Thanks folks I'm back to working again.
Note that the software T&L works fine on Intel 82945G video card, but I do have a 3GB machine.

do you mean a 3ghz proccser? and what do you mean by "works fine" what sort of frames per second you get?

Anyone else get the problem with the patch that leader heads' eyes turn completely white so that they look like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat? It makes them look very evil even when they smile at you.

Doh! yes I do. I've no idea how to find the number of frames, but i've just got to the end of a game with a huge map and 8 civs and I had no speed related problems.

Top Bottom