Units: Aegis Destroyer & Seahawk Patch

MazterJo

Chieftain
Hey guys, MazterJo is back. And the latest addition is this Aegis Destroyer. Similar to the Aegis Cruiser, the Aegis Destroyer is the big brother of the Cruiser. It has the ability to carry small aircraft and helicopters on its helipad. Can you spot the tiny helicopter on it? Hee Hee. Well, I'm using Moenirr's Attack Chopper as a Seahawk with bombing capabilities and it goes pretty well wit the Aegis Destroyer. It can drop bombs like a bomber as well as spot submarines in recon missions.

Here you can see a the pad wit a helicopter on it...

Attachments

• aegisdestroyerfidget.gif
    aegisdestroyerfidget.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 6,545
This patch is for those who want to use the Seahawk with the Aegis Destroyer but you need to get Moenirr's Attack Chopper first.. If I can make a suitable animation for the Seahawk then I will use my own unit. The Seahawk drops bombs like a bomber too. That I did on my own.

The Seahawk is a sea based helicopter used find n track subs... You can put them in coastal cities as part of the coast guard or on the carrier too to spot subs..

Here is the patch...

Make a folder called Seahawk in the art/units folder...
then paste this in it, including the Moenirr's Attack Chopper files...

Attachments

• seahawk.zip
    564 bytes · Views: 1,210
I meant jesus christ you dug up a 2-and-a-half-year-old thread for no good reason - the worst thing a newbie could possibly do.

Bet you're gonna post a unit request in the completed units forum as well

So its a nice unit. People dig up stuff every day and put them into museums.

ocedius, some people hang out waaaaay too much on this forum. Anyways, as for including a chopper on this ship you need to give the ship a transportation capacity of 1 and flag "only transports air units" so it can hold a chopper. Then ingame just rebase a chopper onto it. Make sure the chopper has radar and detect invisible flagged so it can see subs. The problem with this arrangement is the AI screws it up by putting a bomber on the destroyer and the only way to restrict it to choppers is to have a mod with no planes in it which is a big price to pay.

Or you could give the Aegis Destroyer increased anti-submarine capabilitys to simulate the presense of the Sea Hawk. Consider Wyrmshadow...knowing him...he's probably already created a version of this ship that actually has the Sea Hawk with the ship as a new unit/Munit.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Or you could give the Aegis Destroyer increased anti-submarine capabilitys to simulate the presense of the Sea Hawk. Consider Wyrmshadow...knowing him...he's probably already created a version of this ship that actually has the Sea Hawk with the ship as a new unit/Munit.
You mean my Burke class DDG??

Drivebymaster said:
spelt Library wrong buddy

But Wrym you should make a page were all of your units are on it or a link to them at CDG
Don't chastise someone for spelling when you can't do it yourself.

And no I won't. If someone doesn't know where to look, then it's their loss.

Top Bottom