Main screen improvement (color-coded attitude and others)

SimCutie

Warlord
UPDATE ON 2006-01-22 : Version 0.5

----------------------------------------------
SimCutie's Main Interface Screen Improvement.

Date: 2006-01-22
Version 0.5. Based on Civ IV Update 1.52
Author : SimCutie < simcutie (at) hanmail (dot) com >

This is upgraded version of old mod I have written some times ago, based on Civ 4 update 1.52 version. It is great leap from old version, not just small update.
This version includes preliminary version of SimCuties Event Framework and other Modding library so it has a number of files to install. Complete documents about the my "Event Framework" will come later. Please wait some..

What is improved on main interface screen:

1) Display diplomatic attitude of AI player on score display by color Civilization name or color icon or text description.
2) Simple game clock with turn number and game progress percent.
3) Changeable minimap button layout / Some button states are saved.
4) 12Monkeys's Plot Button Enhancement
5) improved happy/unhappy/unhealthy face icons.
6) Action button facility (Not used currently but need for library)

Most features are user selectable on CUSTOM tab of Option Screen

Download and unzip the "MainScreen-SimCutie-05.zip" file
and copy/move all content of "CustomAssets" folder to
"~My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/CustomAssets/" folder
See Documents/README-SIMCUTIE.TXT for more details

NOTE!!!: Make sure to back up "Civilization IV.ini" file in "~My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4" folder. The ini file will be stripped of comments and entry will be re-ordered. It does not harm or hinder game playing but minor nuisance. This is not bug, but current limitation. I will improve this in next version.

This mod includes 12Monkeys's Plot Button Enhancement with little improvement.

------------------------
EDIT1 : Version 0.5 update announcement

EDIT 2: Fixed some mistake and uploaded ZIP file again. ("MainScreen-SimCutie-05.zip")

===============================================================
OLD VERSION
Misc Main Screen Improvement by SimCutie.
Edited 2005-12-11 by SimCutie.

This is merge and improvements of
1) Show Attitude mod by Snaitf From Here
2) Simple Game Clock mod by homegrown From Here

My improvement:
1. Added Civ Name display on on screen civ score list.
2. Attitudes are displayed as color code, not text like "Annoyed".
3. Unit name display was extended to accomodate full name with description.
4. Show Turn number on clock / year display. Clock can be turn off with Option.
[pre]Color = WHITE / MAGENTA / PURPLE / CYAN / GREEN / YELLOW
Attitude = No Attitude/ Furious / Annoyed / Cautious / Pleased / Friendly[/pre]
Install "CvMainInterface.py" file to
~My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/
CustomAssets/python/screens/CvMainInterface.py

See Attached screen shot. Feel free to comment or any suggestion for improvement.

Attachments

• MM1-SimCutie.jpg
    MM1-SimCutie.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 3,999
  • MainScreen-SimCutie-05.zip
    464 KB · Views: 380
this could be useful *happy that this is the first reply to this thread*, im expecting more adding to this, so that it'll be even beter =D

I am happy that some one created this!

Interesting choice of colors on the attitudes...is the available palette limited, or did you have a particular reason for avoiding the red/orange/yellow/green/blue that seems the obvious choice (at least to me)?

Otherwise, it seems like a very nice mod. I will download it and play around with it, I think. Great job.

Bob

rbird said:
Interesting choice of colors on the attitudes...is the available palette limited, or did you have a particular reason for avoiding the red/orange/yellow/green/blue that seems the obvious choice (at least to me)?

Otherwise, it seems like a very nice mod. I will download it and play around with it, I think. Great job.

Bob

I agree nice mod, gj.
I changed the colours to just that - although I couldn't get orange to work so I have it as red/yellow/white/green/blue. The light pastelle colours confused the heck out of me.

rbird said:

Bob

Actually, you are limited. For instance, I'm using RED/MAGENTA/WHITE/CYAN/GREEN for my Foreign Advisor (not yet released) for the same attitudes..... There is no orange available as far as I can tell (not for text, at least).

Req

SimCutie, will combining this with your other mod (additional colors) allow better customization of the attitude colors, or are we stuck with those few?

Thanks,

Bob

P.S. to Requies - Looking forward to future releases...I have two of your advisors installed already. :)

I had basicly the same idea although I would have changed the color of the player's score instead of their nationality.

rbird said:
SimCutie, will combining this with your other mod (additional colors) allow better customization of the attitude colors, or are we stuck with those few?

Thanks,

Bob

P.S. to Requies - Looking forward to future releases...I have two of your advisors installed already. :)

I just used her colour mod to make the colours a nice gradient of Red -> Green.

Code:
self.attitudeColors = ( 
	gc.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_WHITE"),			# NO_ATTITUDE
	gc.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_RED"),		        # ATTITUDE_FURIOUS
	gc.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_W_ORANGE"),	        # ATTITUDE_ANNOYED
	gc.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_YELLOW"),		# ATTITUDE_CAUTIOUS
	gc.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_X_GREENYELLOW"),		# ATTITUDE_PLEASED
	gc.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_GREEN"))		        # ATTITUDE_FRIENDLY

This is a great addon, and along with your color mod and the changes suggested by Kindness this works out well.

However there is one "bug" if you can call it that: If you turn off "Time" victory condition it kills all the interface text. I think this is linked more to the clock mod than anything, but I just wanted to point it out for anyone else who might download this.

Thanks again. :goodjob:

This is a great mod! Thanks SimCutie!:cool:

I read somewhere on the forum that the "CvMainInterface.py" file was modified in the 1.52 patch. Any chance of getting an updated version of this mod for 1.52? Or is there an easy way to incorporate your changes into the new file?

SimCutie, is there a way to set the mod up so instead of calling the civ desc, to have it come up with icons, like the religions do? I have already made some smiles into .dds, but I'm not sure how to do it with the Code. This is a great MOD, especially like how you put the % of the game used as well as the turn limit.

alerum68 said:
SimCutie, is there a way to set the mod up so instead of calling the civ desc, to have it come up with icons, like the religions do? I have already made some smiles into .dds, but I'm not sure how to do it with the Code. This is a great MOD, especially like how you put the % of the game used as well as the turn limit.

I think that it can be done. I am preparing new 1.52 based version of this mod.
But I have greater ambition like user option selectable colored Civ name/attitude text / graphic icon choice. Base work has been done, but it needs more polishing.

Will you send me the icons file to me for experiments? Please send me PNG or PSD image file, not dds file. (preferably along with un-resized larger version so that I can fine-tune them)
The game font is TGA file not DDS.

I can convert them, but I no longer have the originals. I put them in DDS because I read on the forum that the icons were in that format. Oh well. You can edit the images as much as you want, but they're already at 15x15 in size so you better like working in zoom.:p

Attachments

• Attitude Smilies.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 133
Updated to version 0.5 ( Civ 4 Update 1.52 Compliant )..
See first posting for information.
Enjoy!...

SimCutie said:
Updated to version 0.5 ( Civ 4 Update 1.52 Compliant )..
See first posting for information.
Enjoy!...

Great idea! :goodjob:
But unfortunately, it prevents Exotic Foreign Advisor Mod from working, so I can't use it. :( I've tried to merge the common file, but it didn't work.

I don't know if it's just me but I tried the MOD and was going to change the options and the exit button no longer worked in the Options screen. It only does it after I try to change something inside of the "Custom" tab.

I was really looking forward to merging this in my collection, but am running into the same problem as Cammagno. If it's not asking to much, would you be able to look into it and see what it's running into conflicts?

Thanks for all the hard work!

alerum68 said:
I don't know if it's just me but I tried the MOD and was going to change the options and the exit button no longer worked in the Options screen. It only does it after I try to change something inside of the "Custom" tab.

I confirm this prroblem too. Maybe it's another of those "custom-event-managers' problems" :confused:

Top Bottom