New unit: Esperling (Terra) from FF VI (17 DEC 05)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
I finally got her done; Terra, the esperling from FF VI, and I've rounded out the Returner UU lineup. Terra was the Half-Esper girl who could turn into an Esper during battle. Since two other main charachters (Strago and Relm) were also descended from Espers, I decided to go with this as the final UU (the other two are the Narshe Guard and, appropriately enough, the Returner).

Anyways, I made two different Pediaicons for this unit: Esper form (default pedia pics) and Human form (alternate pedia pics). I also would like to thank Kinboat for his spell animations, from which I got the Thundaga attack, and Aaglo for his spells, from which I got the Blizaga attack (I re-colored his nature magic spell so that it would be blue instead of green). The Flare attack, interestingly enough came from my Meteor ICBM type unit's attack animation, but I had to shrink it a bit and delete every other frame to get it to work.

Edit: I've made a re-vamped version that is closer to the looks of the original Final Fantasy VI Terra:

New Version

The old version is still available, however, for those who wish to use it:

The files

Here's the preview: Default, Fidget, Run, Fortify, Attack A (Flare), Attack B (Thundaga), Attack C (Blizaga), and Victory.

Attachments

• Terra.gif
    Terra.gif
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,924
Glad you guys like it.

As for my unit production list, you could have checked my creation thread out. Next up is the X-Cannon from FF VII (Shinra's third UU, and with that, Shinra will be the only civ, thus far where all the UUs were made by me), and the Chocobo Knight is on Deck, followed by Shiro's Naginata Girl request and then the Princess Garnet Til Alexandros King unit and the Hilda Garde III. Of course, I will be opening my Unit/misc graphics lottery tomorrow, and run the lottery until the sunday after next, so the winner of the lottery will likely be shoved into the order somewhere between the Naginata girl and either the Chocobo Knight or Garnet (depends on how fast I am on making the next two units).

The Last Conformist said:
Why does her dress become shorter when she turns into an Esper? :crazyeye:

Welll.... In the original game, when Terra transforms into an Esper, her clothes kind of dissappear, which I might add is strictly forbidden on this server, so I opted for a typical anime Magical Girl type transformation sequence, where her outfit gets slightly more skimpy as a compromise.

Gho$t: No she became a blue Esper thing.... Here's your proof right here:

Attachments

• 6-terra-g2.jpg
    6-terra-g2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 485
I think I said this while it was in-production, but this transformation is astounding, how long did it take you to figure it out?

This just might kick-off a little 'transformation revolution', great job pioneering a new technique!

:thumbsup:

Hikaro Takayama said:
Welll.... In the original game, when Terra transforms into an Esper, her clothes kind of dissappear, which I might add is strictly forbidden on this server, so I opted for a typical anime Magical Girl type transformation sequence, where her outfit gets slightly more skimpy as a compromise.

Gho$t: No she became a blue Esper thing.... Here's your proof right here:

It's not really against it... Just go look at the majority of the amazon units.

Really great unit.:goodjob: The mod seems to be coming along nicely.

no. i see it purple too. although thats not to say im not colourblind either..

Top Bottom