Starting Date

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
It seems we are getting ever-closer to our wishful start date of January 1st. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll make that. Unless we decide on a Code of Laws, and here's how:

• Today is December 20th. We have 11 days left in December.
  • Assuming nominations take 3 days, and elections take 3 days, and a 2 day grace period, that gives us 11-7, or 4 days to work with.
  • 4 days is a lot of time. Here is my proposal:
    • December 20th (today): finish up comment writing on the proposals, create a 'final' version of Triumvirate and Flexible.
      [*]December 21st: put up an official poll for our Code of Laws. Flexible vs. Triumvirate vs. Other / Modified Compromise (ie; Combination) vs. Abstain. This will last 3 days.
      [*]December 22nd: second day of polling
      [*]December 23rd: last day of polling; finalizing the ruleset (typos, clarifications, etc.)
    • December 20th-23rd: finalize our ruleset
    • December 24th, 0000 GMT: nominations go up
    • December 25th: second day of nominations
    • December 26th: third and last day of nominations
    • December 27th, 0000 GMT: first day of elections
    • December 28th: second day of elections
    • December 29th: last day of elections
    • December 30th-31st: grace period
  • In the event more time is needed, we can take away the grace period (both days or one of them).

I feel we are nearly done with the Code of Laws. It would be a shame to put it off for another month when we are so close.

Ideas? Comments? Do you feel this is a good idea? Let's finish up this ruleset. :goodjob:

One thing that I think we need to do that I have said at an earlier time is elect a Censor for term Zero to oversee the elections for Term 1, should we still do that? I personally think we should.

-the Wolf

Also what about the people who can't get to a computer during the holidays. I would LOVE to hold office but won't be around for the nominations. Maybe we shouldn't rush it

thnaks that cleared up some of my worries! Also is there going to be one of those this time around?

Too bad we keep opening new threads on this instead of waking up the old ones. :rolleyes:

From the Government Style Runoff thread (ok, not somewhere you would expect to find stuff that needs doing before the game can start...)

Here's what we need to do to start the game:
  • Hold the runoff for government style DONE
  • Elections Track
    • If Triumvirate prevails, elect a Censor? I suggest a volunteer elections office this first time.
    • Finalize offices and duties before nominations start on Dec 22 But your timeline is ok, this comment applies to all dates
    • 4 days of nominations and debate Dec 22-26
    • 3 days of elections Dec 27-30
  • Rules Track
    • Finalize rules in formal Code of Laws
    • Submit CoL for ratification Dec 26-30 (at the latest). CoL must have the same offices and duties as were finalized prior to Dec 22, or we may have to abort liftoff.
  • Game Track
    • Make all decisions relating to game start parameters
    • Make the "game starting" front page announcement
    • Hold Creation Day

OK, here's an update on progress.

We'll use the custom game menu according to this poll.
This new poll is now open on how to choose a civ.

We need discussions / polls on the choices available on the custom menu.

Map Type is the first choice. Many of the other custom game options are dependent on first choosing the map type. A discussion has been started.

Edit: I've also started this thread on the custom rules options.

Nominations will be put up at 0:00 GMT (maybe earlier) Today or about 13 hours from the time on this post.

Nominations will be open 4 days. I you want to nominate yourself and won't be here just PM me.

-the Wolf

Top Bottom