Environmental: No Cheat mode

Should the No Cheating mode be turned on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Apologies to Chieftess, but we should get a recorded vote on the no cheating mode. I expect this to be 100%, or with a few abstains, but we'll see... :rolleyes:

Should the No Cheating mode be turned on?
Yes/No/Abstain

Actually...

I screwed up and forgot to test something... If having this option selected prevents us from running things like the autolog mod, then I'm going to want to repoll with that clarification. That mod will be incredibly useful to Designated Players and if we have to take a risk of someone messing with the game in order to have it available then I think it is a risk well taken.

In the meantime, vote as though it will work.

So glad i re-read the post, 'should cheating be allowed?' is what i thought it said and was just about to go and click no, what is the cheating mode? as i have never knowingly turned it on or off

BCLG100 said:
So glad i re-read the post, 'should cheating be allowed?' is what i thought it said and was just about to go and click no, what is the cheating mode? as i have never knowingly turned it on or off

It's the WorldBuilder. You can chage cities, units, terrain, and the like. Plus some other stuff.

-the Wolf

DaveShack said:
Actually...

I screwed up and forgot to test something... If having this option selected prevents us from running things like the autolog mod, then I'm going to want to repoll with that clarification. That mod will be incredibly useful to Designated Players and if we have to take a risk of someone messing with the game in order to have it available then I think it is a risk well taken.

In the meantime, vote as though it will work.

I'll vote no cheat, no matter what works (or doesn't). We don't want to give anyone, especially a non-accountable position like the DP Pool, the opportunity to embellish or cover up their actions.

oops, i misread the question. i don't want cheating in the DemoGame.

Oops, first action in the Demogame (ever) is voting wrongly (misread the poll question). I'm going to hit my head into a brick wall right about now... ^^

You mean like this? :wallbash:

It might have been kinda fun if someone thought this mode was an unfair assumption about their ability to control their urge to look at things. :crazyeye:

Portuguese said:
Bah, I tend to read the posts when I don't get the question at the 1st glance :p
;)

EDIT: Aaaaah
And then I voted wrongly!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!
Please stop laughing God of Sarcasm!

lmao, be so funny if more people made this mistake and we have to redo the poll

Well,

I'm very upset with the programmers, unfortunately. It seems the "no cheat" option completely disables the My Games\...\customAssets directories.

This is a very big deal, because with alt+tab switching taking something like 30 seconds or more every time you do it, I as a DP will not be taking any notes or reporting anything to the chat other than maybe a summary for each turn, if that. The autolog function would have allowed the game to take those notes.

I guess I'll have to start that other poll. :(

WHOOPS!
AAARGH!

I strongly suggest re-doing this poll. Not like I voted incorrectly or anything...

Maybe change the question to something simple for us "intelligent" voters:
Cheats: On or Off?

Leave it to Sid to link something important like Auto-Log to the No Cheat Option. :rolleyes:

Of course we don't want cheating Sid.

Of course we want Auto-Log Sid.

Thanks again Sid....

Vote "NO" on cheating. But I guess that would be "YES" in this poll.

Top Bottom