Updated: August 7, 2007

:king: RULERS OF RUSSIA :queen:
Version 2.01 for Warlords 2.08+2.13
Version 1.41 for CIV 1.61+1.74

Index
1. Info
2. Pictures
3. Files and instructions

Rulers of Russia is a Civilization IV mod, that adds more elements of Russian history: leaders, great persons, cities. It also includes some components, which expand standard game options without altering gameplay itself.

Features

• 52 (26) new Russian rulers and Leo Tolstoy as a *Superleader*
  • 50 Russian civ-specific Great Persons and 10 Great Generals (W)
  • 201 names in Russian citylist
  • Gigantic Worlds (2 new mapsizes)
  • More Speeds (4 new gamespeeds from 200 to 6000 turns)
  • Main Screen Mod
  • AI Attitude Unfold and all 24 (W) civs dll (Blacksun's modcomps)

Leaders

Warlords: 55 Russian leaders cover all possible combinations of 11 traits.

Reference -W-
Spoiler :

Vanilla CIV: 28 Russian leaders cover all possible combinations of 8 traits.

Reference -C-
Spoiler :

Each leader has his own pair of traits and unique AI. That gives an oppotunity to play for Russia in a different style.
As a special feature this mod introduces Leo Tolstoy as a Russian *SuperLeader*. He has all 11 (8) traits available! :p

So, Play for Russia and Rule the World!

CLASH OF RUSSIAS = still WiP
Spoiler :
Info from v1.3

Clash of Russias mod also adds 5 new civs. Each of them represents a unique era of Russian History

1. Kievan Rus
UU: Vityaz (replaces Knight, -1 power, -10 cost)
Techs: Mysticism, Fishing
CityList (50): Kiev, Novgorod, Vladimir...

2. Muscovite Tsardom
UU: Streletz (replaces Musketman, + Сity Garrison 1, -5 cost)
Techs: Mysticism, Agriculture
CityList (50): Moscow, Tula, Tver...

3. Imperial Russia
UU: Cossack (Firaxis)
Techs: Agriculture, Hunting
CityList (50): St.Petersburg, Moscow, Kiev...

4. Soviet Union
UU: T-34 (replaces Tank, +2 power, +50% vs. Armors)
Techs: Mining, The Wheel
CityList (50): Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev...

5. Russian Federation
UU: Topol-M (replaces ICBM, -50 cost)
Techs: Mining, Hunting
CityList (50): Moscow, St.Petersburg, Nizhhy Novgorod...

Mod thread at Russian civ-community forum: http://forum.civfanatics.ru/index.php?showtopic=2657 (in Russian!)

Any feedback is welcome!

Pictures

Iliya Glazunov. Eternal Russia (1988)​

Spoiler :

Evolution of the Russian Leadership (28 leaders of vanilla version)

Main Menu Screen

Choose a leader. How about Ivan the Terrible? :crazyeye:

Leo Tolstoy on War and Peace

More screenshots

All-Russian Historical Summit (2nd summit coming soon!)

Pre-Imperial Section (12 members)

Imperial and Soviet Section (16 members and Leo Tolstoy as a speaker) Looks a bit crowded...

"Who is Mr.Putin?" (Pedia says..)

FILES

Warlords 2.08+2.13
Version 2.0 + patch 2.01 - Download (13m)

CIV 1.61+1.74
Version 1.4 + patch 1.41 - Download (10m)

Installation and Game

- Unpack to your [Civ4 path]\(Warlords\)Mods folder
- Game Menu: Advanced--Load a Mod--Rulers of Russia
- Use .bat file inside the mod folder to launch the mod directly!
- Check readme and documentation inside the mod Info folder

Сredits

Ghost' (Гость): hosting
Blacksun: SDK components
Shustraya: intro screen
Swan: russification standards
Sweeper: text coding utility
WALERA: ideas and suggestions

Art: Iliya Glazunov, Oksana Pavlova, Boris Olshansky
Music: Andrey Petrov

Have fun! :)
Spoiler :
...but don't let fun have you :old:

Nice mod. Ivan the Awesome certainly should have been chosen over Catherine for the Vanilla, but it's good to see the last heir to the Byzantine Empire has been given recognition by someone ;)

You can also vote for Lenin and Stalin in Firaxis's Civ4 expantion questionare avalible at their website. They are diffinatly my top 2 most desired leaders!

Maybe Lenin, but Stalin..ick.

Leif in 1942 Stalin was named "Man of the Year" (as a good person!) by Time Magazine. So, ...no "icks', please :D

Yes he brought Russia into the 20th centuary, but a good person I'm not comfortable calling him.

Korpulu said:
How about the Empress Elizabeth. One of my favorites.

Yes, I like Elizabeth, too. I think, one of the most glorious moments in the history of Russian Army is - cossacks in Berlin during 7Years War. But, you know, she is not so popular in Russia. I mean not so popular as Ivan The Terrible or Yaroslav The Wise, for example.

If you wish, check the poll about this mod at russian civ-community forum here (Be warned: it's in Russian!;) ) Elizabeth is the only leader, who received no votes so far.

Anyway, I'm going to add Vladimir Putin next :king:

Yes, if I were living in 1942, I would call Stalin the Man of the Year as well, knowing that I had a common ally in the fight against Nazism. But in hindsight, it does seem offensive to have Stalin as a leader. It's not as bad as Hitler, but I'd rather not have to look at his ugly portrait for an entire game, if you know what I mean.

Leif Well, not many great people were really good. It's obvious, i suppose.

Hehe, seeing that website makes me wish I knew Russian instead of Arabic. ;)

Felzor It's up to you to decide, which portraits to look at in the game. I do not see any offence here.

Have you ever played Civ3 WW2 scenarios? They feature Hitler as a leader. Are you offenced by that? :D

Someone may just call it "a historical reality" ;)

You can probably see yourself, that in-game shot of Lenin is a bit wider than it should be. That is due to the fact that, while .dds files used are square (like 512*512), the game uses them to fit in a rectangular non-square window. I've found a solution with static leaderheads (and actually made those for all the default leaders) to look fine within game - the original image must be distorted in a way so that the game "fixes" it.

With 512*512, for example, the source image must be made 512 wide and 619 high, and then fitted into 512*512 frame, creating an image that looks ok in game, but somewhat "lower" than original out of game. I'm attaching a Stalin pic (happened to make it too) so that you can see for youself.

Attachments

• Stalin.zip
    152.5 KB · Views: 465
Walter Hawkwood Yes, I am disappointed a little on this issue. So, thanks for the input. I'll use your advice to improve the in-game pictures. :thanx:

BTW, nice library of civ3 3d-leaderheads you have. I'm going to put my hands on some of your staff ;)

NeverMind said:
Yes, I like Elizabeth, too. I think, one of the most glorious moments in the history of Russian Army is - cossacks in Berlin during 7Years War. But, you know, she is not so popular in Russia. I mean not so popular as Ivan The Terrible or Yaroslav The Wise, for example.

:

I wonder why? Maybe because she looked as good in men's cloths as women's? Or those thousands of dresses she had:p

I' m curious about something. Is it possible to have each leader have a different UU? When I think of Lenin, the Red Guards come to mind. When Stalin, Guard units, Shock Armies, and Artillery, (God of war to Russians), comes to mind.

NeverMind said:
Felzor It's up to you to decide, which portraits to look at in the game. I do not see any offence here.

Have you ever played Civ3 WW2 scenarios? They feature Hitler as a leader. Are you offenced by that? :D

Someone may just call it "a historical reality" ;)

And Hitler made Times MOTY on 1/2/1939.

Watch. here comes "That was a fluke! Stalin won twice. More decisive" ;)

You're right. Stalin was a terrible leader who had some good ideas, such as using the Orthodox church and nationalism to beat off Hitler.

Top Bottom