Environmental: Number of Opponents

How many opponents do we want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Do we want the standard number of opponents which comes with the map size, more opponents, or fewer?

Once again, no discussion has been held. This poll will be scored by cumulative voting and is open for 3 days.

Note: 200% = double standard, so on a map which normally has 5 opponents we would have 10.

Note 2: The bottom half is not equal to the top half because the analogue of 200% would be 0%, obviously can't have that. ;)

Stupid forum shows the thread while you're still typing the options for the poll. :lol:

DaveShack said:
Note 2: The bottom half is not equal to the top half because the analogue of 200% would be 0%, obviously can't have that. ;)

I randomly disagree, because 200% is twice as much, it analogue would be 50% or half.

Now that you have given me all the choices I can't decide.

-the Wolf

Alphawolf said:
I randomly disagree, because 200% is twice as much, it analogue would be 50% or half.

If you're thinking of products, then your observation is correct.

However, think of adding and subtracting percentages...
100+100 = 200
100+50 = 150 (thanx GA)
100-50 = 50
100-100 = 0

Obviously I've been thinking far too much about after Christmas sales and the percentage discounts which are available. :lol:

Not so much products, I just went through hell, a Mathematical Philosophy class where we got to learn that some infinities are larger that other, fractals, and random occurrences. I am now a Mathematical Philosopher. ;)

-the Wolf

DaveShack said:
100+100 = 200
100+50 = 100
100-50 = 50
100-100 = 0

Obviously I've been thinking far too much about after Christmas sales and the percentage discounts which are available.
Obviously, yes, you have been thinking about those a bit too hard. ;)

BCLG100 said:
200% gives the warmongerers something to do.
Even with normal opponents, the warmongerers will have things to do. Adding civs will only slow the game down.

I'd recommend against >standard, just because it seems that funky things happen to the map generator when it runs out of starting locations. (Like putting a settler someplace with no resources nearby at all.)

Top Bottom