Environmental: Shall we generate several maps to choose from?

How many maps should we generate and choose from?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 or more

• Until our pre-defined conditions are met

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blkbird

King
It's not uncommon for Succession Games to generate several maps using the same options and collectively choose one from them. Shall we do this in our first Civ 4 Demogame instead of taking the first map we get?

Alternatively, we could decide on some conditions (like, the coastal must be in visible range at start, or, the Settler must have at least one Food Resource near him) in advance and generate maps until one meets our conditions.

Yet another alternative would be to generate maps indefinitely until one gets majority approval. It would be like this: (1) Generate several maps; (2) Start a multiple-choice poll; (3) If at least one map gets over 50% of votes, pick the map with the most votes; (4) If no map gets over 50% of votes, go back to step (1).

This is an open poll and will be closed in 3 days.

I know it's uncommon, but everything has a premiere. Choosing from several maps isn't prohibited by the Constitution, therefore the decision is anything but automatic.

One map - we're darn good at turning even an apparent poor start into a solid nation.

-- Ravensfire

I agree with my Civ 3 colleagues. Be brave in a brave new world.

Top Bottom