Hilda Garde III airship from FF IX (27 DEC 05)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, after one week's worth of artist's block and five days of fast and furious modeling, animating and rendering, the Hilda Garde III is now finished, and FINALLY Lindblum has one of its UU's done. The Hilda Garde III was the final production model of the new Lindblum steam airship, designend by Regent Cid Fabool XIV, ruler of Lindblum. The airship was named after his wife, Queen Hilda.

This airship proved to be invauluable for defeating the nefarious Garland and Kuja in their attempt to destroy the world....

Files: HildaGardeIII.zip (2.7MB)

Preview:

Attachments

• HildaGardeIII.gif
    HildaGardeIII.gif
    368.3 KB · Views: 1,496
I love it! Hikaro you rock!

P.S.off-topic but funny, "Kuja" translates to "b.i.t.c.h." (why is this marked as foul language, it won`t let me type it, doesn`t it mean female dog in english too?) in my language, so I played the whole game wanting to kick Kuja`s butt and thinking "This is so wrong..." :lol:

Holy crap that is VERY good. Quite amazing! The explosion on death is beautiful. I've just sat and watched the demo so many times to see the death. Brilliant! And extra special respect for posting some info about it too.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
You rival Aaglo in airships HT. Its abit big though don't you think?

Actually, I've got more airships done than anybody else on these forums. Aaglo's made 2 (Phaseship and Flying Fortress), Orthanc's made 2 (Highwind Jet mode and Ragnarok), Embryodead's made 1 (his transport airship), and Pesoloco's made 1 (blimp). I know that Wyrmshadow's made a few, but they're all over at CDG, and you can't download them because they took away the link to the old site (and even when the old site was up I could find the previews but not the units), so they don't count :p

I've made 6: the first generic FF modern airship, the generic steam airship, the Red WIngs, the second generic FF style modern airship, the Highwind and the Hilda Garde III. Also the unit is not too big. I've attached a post with all of my other airships for size comparison. All the airships in the preview are at the same scale, and as you can see for yourself, the Hilda Garde III fits in with the general trend.

Anyways, I'm glad you all like the airship. My Next Airship project will be the Imperial Sky Armor from FF VI, and I may change my project for the Shinra UU from the Shinra Sub (kinda useless since Shinra does not have the seafaring trait) to the Gelnika airships....

Finally, all 3 of my favorite airships, ever, are in Civ format. I mean, as if these 3 (Ragnarok, Highwind, Hilda Garde 3) weren't designed well enough, they had to be given uber flying music to match!

Beautiful job Hikaro Takayama, the FF mod is going to be simply a miracle of modding.:D

Personally, Goldflash wouldn't mind seeing a real word Zeppelin, like the Shennedoah or the Graf Zepplin or even just a generic one, you know, with out the turrets n' stuff that makes it Final Fantasy. But thats just Goldflash

Goldflash said:
Personally, Goldflash wouldn't mind seeing a real word Zeppelin, like the Shennedoah or the Graf Zepplin or even just a generic one, you know, with out the turrets n' stuff that makes it Final Fantasy. But thats just Goldflash

I was thinking about doing one with a bomb attack (in case it was used as a land unit vice air transport/bomber), but that project is WAY on the back burner.

Bad Kharma: I think my Avatar and Title say it all... :smug:

It's a very nice piece of work, and my favorite thing about it: it actually looks like it does in game. Excellent work on making such an accurate unit!

Goldflash said:

Someone did make a real world Zepplin. It's nothing fancy, but it works.

Top Bottom