[mods] What Tubby uses

Tubby Rower

Chronic Slacker
I have a few mods that I have been using. After the 1.52 patch, I didn't feel like waiting on someone else to make sure that they are up to date.

Here is what I'm using:
  1. eotinb's autolog & reminder (I've included ONLY the autolog for HOF style players)
  2. my mod to Homegrown's clock mod

#1 goes in C:\Documents and Settings\ %OWNER% \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python

#2 goes in C:\Documents and Settings\ %OWNER% \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\screens

You'll have to change the path and prefixTag variable in the autolog.py. If you have a previous version then just don't overwrite your autolog.py ;) . I have my logs going into the Logs folder under my docs\civ4.

Other than that, I just used the v1.52 files and added the mods. I tested them in a brief demo game to make sure that they worked.

Spoiler readme for autolog :

autolog v1.1
by eotinb

A mod to facilitate note taking, with succession games in mind.

CHANGES IN VERSION 1.1:

New events logged:
Cities acquired and lost through combat and trade
First contact with another civ

More information added to events logged in previous versions:
Combat notes now display the after-combat strength of the victor.
Log now notes when another civ founds a religion (previously just when you founded a religion) and when a religion spreads and either of the following is true: 1. you control the Holy City, or 2. you control the city to which the religion spreads (previously only the second was true).

New features:
Annoying autosave quirk eliminated. If you don't know what this means, don't worry about it -- just be glad that you didn't have to deal with it.
Alt+E messages are now displayed in both the text file and the in-game log.
You can now see changes to the log file while the game is running (although you cannot edit it until the game is shut down or you make a new log file active).
You can now pick the name of the text log on starting a new game or loading a game, or use the default file name of autolog.txt.
There is now an option to have your log notes color-coded for forum posts. See autolog.py's "color" variable.
Alt+E entries are now preceded with a notification that they are custom user entries. The lead-in message can be changed in autolog.py's "prefixTag" variable.

Removed features:
All additions to the in-game event log have been removed. I will soon be coming out with another mod which will replace some of these functions and add more (my notifications mod). Also, Ctrl+E has been disabled.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Unzip file to My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\ (or equivalent)
!!!DO NOT OVERWRITE FILES IN GAME DIRECTORY!!! (i.e. C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Python)
The three following files will be added:
CvEventManager.py
CvUtil.py
autolog.py

In order to facilitate combining with other mods that also change CvEventManager.py and/or CvUtil.py, the additions (and two minor changes to the original code) have been noted in these files. Feel free to cut and paste to combine.

SETTINGS:

You can select the default file name for the external text file in autolog.py. Check the directory where you want the file to go. THE DEFAULT DIRECTORY MAY NOT WORK ON YOUR COMPUTER, so check it. Just open autolog.py with any text editor and look for "path = ..." and make sure whatever follows the equal sign is a valid directory. Most problems with this mod have been path problems, so check a couple of things: 1. folders in directory structure are separated with a double backslash, and 2. the last folder in the tree does not end with a backslash. Example: "C:\\games\\civ4" would be correct while "C:\games\civ4\" would not.

If you do not change the file name or rename the previous log, a new log will append to an existing log with the same name. This is so you won't accidentally overwrite your old log(s).

You can select what type of tags (<HTML>, [forum], none) for simple pre-formatting in the "style" variable in autolog.py. Also, you can change whether or not forum-style notes are color-coded in the "color" variable in autolog.py. Changing which events get which color or which colors are used is also possible but is not easy -- you have to be willing to dig into the code. If you want to do this and need some guidance from me, feel free to ask in the CFC thread for this mod.

FEATURES:

Alt+E: Custom text log entry (also appears on the screen and in the in-game event log). Alt+E entries are preceded with a notification that they are custom user entries. The lead-in message can be changed in autolog.py's "prefixTag" variable.

Events logged in text file:
City founded, city growth, city border expansion, city acquired/lost, city razed, tech learned/started, unit started/built, building started/built, combat results, Golden Age start/end, Great Person birth, tribal village results, promotions, and religion founding/spread.

All of the text file entries can be turned on or off individually via settings in autolog.py. Also, more detail on each type of event can be found in the same place.

QUIRKS:

The type of result you get from a tribal is handled in the game as an integer. I have figured out some of them through trial and error, but some results are pretty rare and in any case I don't have all of them yet. Right now, if the result is something I don't know the code for, I just report the integer, so you might see "Tribal village result: 4." If documenting goody hut results is important to you, I recommend using a custom log entry (Alt+E) for now. Please pass along any additional codes you figure out (or any corrections to the ones I already have) and I'll make the changes.

UPCOMING:

Ability to alter what is logged in-game (rather than through editing autolog.py).
Ability to export the actual in-game event log (maybe).
Some co-ordination with screenshots.

CREDITS:

Puppeteer at CFC had the original idea that led to this mod.
HawaiiFive-O, Calanor, and a few others at Apolyton worked out how to use CyInterface.addMessage().
TheDarkside at Apolyton lent moral support.
CivGeek and Tubby Rower at CFC had some great ideas which led to the custom user comment prefix and the color-coding.

Spoiler reminder :
reminder v1.0
by eotinb

A simple mod to give yourself reminders

INSTRUCTIONS:

Unzip file to My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\ (or equivalent)
!!!DO NOT OVERWRITE FILES IN GAME DIRECTORY!!! (i.e. C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Python)
The three following files will be added:
CvEventManager.py
CvUtil.py

In order to facilitate combining with other mods that also change CvEventManager.py and/or CvUtil.py (including my other mods), the additions have been noted in these files. Feel free to cut and paste to combine. All of my mods are available as a combined package in the CFC completed modpacks folder in the "combined mods by eotinb" thread.

FEATURES:

Alt+R: Creates a popup window in which you set the number of turns until the reminder goes off and the text of the reminder. When that turn comes around, your reminder will appear as a message on the screen and in the event log (but only for a few turns). Also an alarm noise will play to get your attention. You can have as many reminders pending as you like. As of now there is no way to eliminate a reminder (other than passing the turn it is set to go off) or any way to view the current reminders. If I get ambitious, I may include these features in a future version. Or if somebody else wants to do that, feel free and I will gladly include your changes in my mod.

Spoiler time mod :
Tubby's mod of Homegrowns Civilization 4 Game Clock Mod v.1.2

This modification displays the clock time and the game date at the same time, instead of flashing every 15 seconds.

Installation

Unzip the contents to your My Documents/My Games/Sid Meiers Civilization 4/CustomAssets/python/screens folder.

The zip file contains 1 file

CvMainInterface.py

revision 1.2:
added the turn number to the display
make the display always show the time

Attachments

• clockmod.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 485
  • autolog_only.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 290
  • autolog-reminder.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 304
I updated the autolog & reminder to include some of the HOF fixes that Dianthius wrote. Apparently it also fixes that pesky bug of clicking OK instead of pressing enter

Thanks Tubs. Like I say "it's always good to know a geek". :thumbsup:

cvEventManager had an error in it. Re-uploaded the fixed files

Tubby Rower said:
cvEventManager had an error in it. Re-uploaded the fixed files

If someone is interested, here there is the merged file to use this mod together with Snaitf's "Show Attitude Mod".

Thanks cammangno... I'll check that out this weekend and will probably add it to the first post.

Here's a small change that also shows the max number of turns. Just change
Code:
		# g_szTimeText = getClockText() + "  (Turn %i) " % (iturn) + unicode(CyGameTextMgr().getInterfaceTimeStr(ePlayer))
to
Code:
		mturn = gc.getGame().getMaxTurns()
		g_szTimeText = getClockText() + " " + unicode(CyGameTextMgr().getInterfaceTimeStr(ePlayer)) + " (%i " % (iturn) + "of %i) " % (mturn)
in python\screens\CvMainInterface.py
I've enclosed an example.

Attachments

• Time turns.jpg
    Time turns.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 716
RobO said:
Here's a small change that also shows the max number of turns.

Good idea, but it doesn't work for me. It ever shows a "0" after the "of" (I've tried it with 3 saves from different games). I'm using the Italian version (I don't know if this is important).

Cammagno said:
Good idea, but it doesn't work for me. It ever shows a "0" after the "of" (I've tried it with 3 saves from different games). I'm using the Italian version (I don't know if this is important).
I have no clue what it takes to accomodate national version differences, and it's a possibility that this is causing your problem. Or perhaps you didn't get the spacing right or typed in something wrong.

Try pasting the enclosed file contents on top of the existing clock mod (and do a backup first).

Attachments

• Clock with max turns.txt
    500 bytes · Views: 186
RobO said:
Try pasting the enclosed file contents on top of the existing clock mod (and do a backup first).

I've tried, but the zero is stil there. But I've done some more tests, and I've figured out what the problem is. If the time-based victory condition (I don't know what its English name is) is turned out (as I usually do in my games), a "0" is displayed as the number of max turns. If that condition is turned in, the mod works fine. Don't worry if it can't be fixed :)

Cammagno said:
I've tried, but the zero is stil there. But I've done some more tests, and I've figured out what the problem is. If the time-based victory condition (I don't know what its English name is) is turned out (as I usually do in my games), a "0" is displayed as the number of max turns. If that condition is turned in, the mod works fine. Don't worry if it can't be fixed :)
Good work :)
That's easily fixed, then.
Use this code (also attached):
Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------
# clock mod
#--------------------------------------------------------
		iturn = gc.getGame().getGameTurn() + 1
		# g_szTimeText = getClockText() + "  (Turn %i) " % (iturn) + unicode(CyGameTextMgr().getInterfaceTimeStr(ePlayer))
		# RobO: Max turns incorporated
		mturn = gc.getGame().getMaxTurns()
		if (mturn > 0):
			g_szTimeText = getClockText() + " " + unicode(CyGameTextMgr().getInterfaceTimeStr(ePlayer)) + " (%i " % (iturn) + "of %i) " % (mturn)
		else:
			# The Time victory condition is turned off if mturn = 0
			g_szTimeText = getClockText() + " " + unicode(CyGameTextMgr().getInterfaceTimeStr(ePlayer)) + " (Turn %i) " % (iturn)

Attachments

• Clock with max turns.txt
    711 bytes · Views: 201
  • Time turns 2.jpg
    Time turns 2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 260
Top Bottom