Graphics Request - To be used in Composite Mod

Exavier

Destroyer of Worlds
This is going out to the ppl out here good with creating 2D graphics for use as buttons and icons.

I have made alot of changes to the game with my Composite Mod and its only going to get worse lol. My problem is I can't make 2D Graphics for use as Buttons. Well i could but trust me you don't want to see them lol.

What I am wondering is if there are any graphics artists out there that would be willing to help me fill this needed area on the development team of my mod (which only consists of me and 3 testers atm). To show you what your in for I already have need for about 10-15 Unit Button Graphics and 6 Tech Graphics... As a note I am planning to rewrite the Tech tree from Steam Power to Future Tech so I will probobly need alot more of them as well.

Current buttons needed immediatly:
--=Units=--
-Cargo Plane (needs a reskin as well, but not nessessary)
-Tactical ICBM
-Nuclear Submarine (Typhoon Class)
-Modern Attack Submarine (LA Class)
-WW2 Frigate
-WW2 Dreadnaught
-WW2 Transport
-WW2 Cruiser
-Mobile SAM (model looks like a patriot missle system)

--=Buildings=--
-Missle Silo
-Tree Nursurey

--=Techs=--
-Naval Assembly Line
-Automatic Weapons
-Shortwave Radio
-Electrical Manipulation
-Early Flight
-Advanced Engineering Techniques

To see where the techs are located in the tree go here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=147560&page=13
Post # 258 (toward bottom of page).

Hope someone can help me with this. And if possible these ones at least before next friday (the next release of my mod), but if not thats ok.
Thanx in advance.

its quite easy, you just take a random image (say the submarine) and you cut out the piece you want. this can be any size, but for the best results, keep it to 64*64,128*128, 192*192 or 256*256 if you jsut a bit less result (you got something missing in the piece you want to cut out and don't want to enlarge it too much), you can use 96*96, 160*160, 224*224 or 288*288. if youre using GIMP, select this part, cut it and paste it in a new empty picture. use the option scale layer, to resize it to 64*64, cut this out, paste it in a new pic and save it.
if you did it like this, you'll get a (ugly :) ) square as a button so if you want it to get better, switch to paint at this point.
save this border on your HD and open it. select the entire pic and cut it, without the background colour (second option when selecting a square). open you finished button and paste the border over it and save it again.
convert the file to a .dds file (dds 1, no alpha) and make the references in the xml files.

haarbal

after i posted it, i already thought you might meanted this :p

p.s. i could make the buttons for you, if it's ok with you if i'll rip them of the net, cant be that much work that way, but further, i have no knowledge of WW2 stuff, sub classes and so forth. also you can use some of the buttons vanilla civ uses (shortwave radio;radio, advanced enginering techniques;enginering, naval essenbly line;assembly line, electronical manipulation;electricity, cargo plane;bomber, tactical icbm;icbm)

sure if you would... actually the only ones i really need right now are ones for technologies... i made buttons for the units using screenshots :p

though my list of techs has grown... New Tree
the ones that are obviously in the game i won't need images for :p

looking again at your new techs, i think it's best to use existing buttons.
Early flight still be early flight, or you'll get some ugly looking way to shrunken pic. this also goes for the shortwave radio, advanced engineering and electronical manipulation.
here are the 2 other buttons, but i'm not really happy with them, but you can use them if u want to
View attachment automatic_weapons_button.bmp automatic weapon

View attachment Naval_Assembly_Line_Button.bmp naval assembly line

haarbal

Top Bottom