Huge Map of the USA

jam4865

Chieftain
My map is of the US (and some Canada and Mexico). It is my first, but I think it turned out pretty good. The terrain and resources are pretty accurate based off of a couple atlases. I didn't save in any starting cities.
Please let me know what you think.:)

I changed the starting location of each civ so that none are in the water and added a couple more (12 total now)

I've made a colonization scenario with this map, but am having problems, see my post below and the attached scenario with it:

Attachments

• usamap.jpg
    usamap.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 5,751
  • usa2.zip
    21 KB · Views: 2,204
Thank you, finally someone came up with map I was thinking about building. Maybe now I'll actually work on the scenario I wanted to make. Thanks.

I like the map a lot! I only have a problem with starting locations. Looking in Worldbuilder, I see that at least two of the civs at the begining are starting in the middle of the water.

The game got a little boring as early on, Rome skyrocketed in tech and land and soon there were only three civs with Rome being at an obvious advantage. I think that is because of the lack of other competition. :(

Thanks for the input. I changed the starting locations and added more civs in usa2.

I am working on a scenario on this map with the major us cities in place and highways connected.

You could also use this amazing map to make a Native American scenario. You know, place several major Native American tribes, such as the Apache, Iroquois, Cherokee, Navajo, Shoshone, Sioux. And you could have other, smaller tribes as non-playable civilizations or barbarian cities. Although I look forward to seeing your modern America map as well, although I'm not quite sure what the premise is at this point.

This is begging for a colonial expansion or Native America scenario as Felzor suggested.

Okay I've made a conolization scenario with this map, but I am having problems with the AI. Here is what I did: America starts with Washington, NY, and Boston as bare cities. Incan and Aztec with settlers in the south. The other civs start with a Galleon each loaded with a settler and warrior off the coast with the idea that they could land and start a colony, or invade America.
The problem is that they just sail around in their Galleons and never land. Does anyone know of a way to make this work?

Here is the scenario as it is now:

Attachments

• usacolonize.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 279
perhaps if you gave them an explorer on land? they might be having trouble finding land-- as they technically dont know where it is. or just reveal a tile or two for them. just a thought

thank you very much! :goodjob:
im gonna check it out when i wake up tomarow

Im planning a modern scenario with the usa, canada, mexico down to panama city.

planning any north america maps????

North America map sounds like fun. I think I will work on one tonight!
I have been playing on this map and really enjoy it. It feels pretty well balanced. No one is over-powered, except myself ;)

Hi,
what did u use to create such an accurate map...?

all i can manage so far is freehand which looks like a 5 year old's finger painting

that is so cool, jam! :thanx: thank you for putting together this great map and even planning to make the exact one i need! now if only 2k would release the SDK so i can try to start my scenario ive been thinking about for months.... :aargh:

I used a utility called civ4 editor from a post to make the outline and drew it freehand in that glancing at an atlas. I did the rest with worldbuilder. I used to be somewhat of a map geek when I was younger and like to keep these maps accurate, yet playable.
With the Africa/Europe map I made and the North America map, I used the 'trace' feature in civ4 editor for the landmass outline. You can trace over any jpeg image with it.
I should have a much larger map of all of North America done soon. I was working on it last night and worldbuilder crashed on me after not saving it for an hour or so:mad:

Someone should make a civ mod of US in Civil War among 5 to 7 factions, similar to what they have in "Shattered Union".

Hey Garret, here is a link for civ4 editor:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144414

It is not something that is good for scenarios, mostly just good for map outlines and rivers. You can zoom out further and 'paint' easier. Worldbuilder is good for scenarios. You can place units, cities, buildings in cites, etc. Also, if you open the worldbuilder save file in notepad, you can edit info such as starting era, team alliances, starting religion, etc.
Hope this helps. I'd like to check out you scenario.
Will get back to the North America map soon. My wife's dad is in the hospital, so no time now.

Top Bottom