The Idiots' Partee

For the flag which should we vote for. Maryilin Moron or Walk like an Egyption my vote goes to Marylin.

Even though I think the Marilyn Moron flag is hilarious, I think we'd have more broad appeal for the "Walk like an Egyptian" flag. Unless we had enough votes from just this party to win a majority anyway. I can't be bothered counting them :crazyeye:

If we don't have enough votes by ourselves, we're near it, and having 2+ competitors kinda gives us free runs at a lot of things. We should try coming up with something of our own, if we don't agree on one. The egyptian walk looks good to me, but I'd like to see something less sensible ;)

15 votes to 11 verses the straights ... well done idiots ... Now off we should go boldly, in a somewhat humourous egyptian fashion, to the nearest ale house :D

I joined earlier tonight, but haven't been approved yet, so I can't vote. :cry:

Well looks like PWE is playing his old tricks (see the naming poll) ...

Methinks that certain idiots will have fun in this game ;)

well we have 15 members and according to last count we had 11 out of 15 members vote.

i'd rather us be for the walking flag and leave the manson flag as our banner, but I'll go the other way (no jokes here) if the partee wants

btw, the first 10 turns have been played. I personally was wondering how exactly all of that worked and had to miss the first turnchat due to my wife's b'day. There is a chatlog and saves for turn 0, 5, and 10 here. There is also a screenshot from turn 5 I believe. Also it seems as though Blkbird is pretty overbearing. He got modded twice in about an hour :lol: He was also trying to circumvent official instructions about the scouting by saying that in the instructions it refers to a "Scout" and not a "warrior". I'll have to try harder to be at the next one to have a little idiotic input mingled in with his napoleonistic comments.

We've met the Mongols on turn 10 I believe. The turnchat was stopped at the meeting. No word if it was Ghengis or Kublai KHAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!

Some random and select quotes from the turnlog for those idiots who can't be bothered reading it :D :

Chieftess from Turnlog said:
[19:01] <!Chieftess> Boaring Wallow is the name. Nice name, too.
Various from Turnlog said:
[19:16] <+Blkbird> i call for a spot vote on moving towards the hut
[19:16] <+TSteamer> I second
[19:16] <+TSteamer> (if legal)
[19:16] <!Chieftess> I haven't moved it yet.
[19:16] <+Blkbird> since it doesn't contradict the instructions of the SoW
[19:16] <!Chieftess> Wait for the save. I'm uploading it.
[19:16] <+Blkbird> which is invalid because there is on scout
[19:17] <+uubry> he was refering to the warrior SCOUTING
[19:17] <+Blkbird> i mean "no scout"
[19:17] <!Chieftess> You know, I think donsig would do this... :)
[19:17] <+TSteamer> where are you putting it chieftess
[19:17] <+GeorgeOP> you *think* he was refering to the warrior
[19:17] <+Blkbird> uubry: that's your interpretation, which i disagree
[19:17] <+uubry> i know, i'm just translating
[19:17] <+GeorgeOP> I say go pop the hut, then go white water rafting
[19:17] <+Blkbird> uubry: dz did wrote "Scout" with capital "S"
[19:18] <+TSteamer> its silly to think he meant a scout after seeing the
screenshot
[19:18] <+Blkbird> that's not a short name for "warrior scouting"
[19:18] <+Blkbird> a "Scout" with capital "S" is Scout, period
[19:18] <!Chieftess> save uploaded.
[19:18] <+TSteamer> wow, this is just like the real life american congress.
[19:18] <!Chieftess> getting the link
[19:18] <!Chieftess> :lol:
:lol:

Chieftess from Turnlog - Note: This is not to be taken out of context as it was clearly a joke said:
[19:27] <!Chieftess> You people are worse than cyc, donsig, eyrei combined. :p
[19:27] <!Chieftess> (old demogame humor)
various - Let's have some fun said:
[19:43] <+uubry> where in relation to warrior
[19:43] <+Blkbird> where did you move the warrior?
[19:43] <!Chieftess> NW
[19:43] <+Blkbird> why???
[19:43] <!Chieftess> I moved the warrior 1 SW to swing around.
[19:43] <+Blkbird> wait a sec
[19:43] <+Blkbird> you're too fast
[19:43] <+GeorgeOP> how long before warrior is built?
[19:44] <!Chieftess> 12 turns
[19:44] <+Blkbird> where did you move the warrior after save?
[19:44] <+uubry> too fast?!?!?
[19:44] <!Chieftess> I moved the "scouting" warrior SW. He saw a hut to
the NW.
[19:44] <!Chieftess> That's where I'm going. :)
[19:44] <+Blkbird> uubry: yeah too fast for us to intervent
[19:44] <!Chieftess> That's the nature of a turnchat...
[19:44] <+Blkbird> Chieftess: yeah that sounds good
[19:44] <+uubry> just say stop
[19:44] <!Chieftess> You'll get used to it when you start seeing 3 hour
turnchats.
[19:45] <!Chieftess> And even those pale in comparison to some turnchats.
[19:45] <!Chieftess> Right fur? :)
[19:45] <+TSteamer> :lol: scouting warrior
[19:45] <+Blkbird> i don't mind 3 hour turnchat
I think I will try and be there too Tubby, depending on the time involved. I had to laugh at the second warning given to 'Bird and another posted said "Wash your mouth out" :lol: And if there is some bloody special rule about an idiot posting this stuff in these threads, let me know and I'll remove :crazyeye:

no I think that it's fair game since the turnchat was posted. As long as you didn't modify them.

If that is the case then, I'm all ok as I did a straight copy and paste but was just selective as a lot of it was welcome's and goodbyes (and they were complete blocks - i.e. I didnt copy one line and then copy the 3rd line and 6th etc to make it look like one contiguous conversation).

:eek: All these big words.. Too much.. Too.... Much.... Make..... It..... Stop.... :help:

Can we as a party lobby to get the Turn Taker to ACTUALLY REPORT A TURN (or OCCURANCE) SUMMARY and post screenies ... and can it be in an easy to access location preferably stickied ...

At the moment I am having big trouble following the game !!!

I thought the whole point is to learn about cIV ... I'm not learning a damned thing and I hate having everything hidden in chat logs ... is this how other demogames are played ?!!!

One moment we are voting for a capital name and discussing where to build and what unit to produce, research etc ... some were polled others promised ...

AND then next there is an obscure report on a wounded scout and who knows where the warrior that we ended up producing is and what adventures we had ... and what the F are we researching and producing at the moment in Boaring Wallow ... and i'd bloody well like to see a picture of our city ... and the world ... and were we as citizens not going to be consulted to name units and stuff ... and and and [pissed]

... <deep breathing> ... better now after the rave but still WTF :crazyeye:

deep breathing is good.

I'll load the game and post some screenies tonight hopefully.

Here's what I have gathered of the first 10 turns.
  • Capital is tentatively named Boaring Wallow (subject to change if it doesn't win the election)
  • initial warrior went to the GH first and popped a scout
  • warrior is scouting to the north (I think)
  • scout went to the SE
  • we were 1 tile away and a Mongolian scout popped the GH before we could get there
  • scout has 0.7 strength but has a promotion that should boost his strength
  • research set to Animal Husbandry
  • BW is working a Flood plain

I posted a thread about the build queue. Since no one (except beta testers) can claim expertise in starts I think that it's a valid discussion to which I am partial to my idea but am very much open to others. A poll will be posted tomorrow about this. If I have to do it myself. I've been reading up on the polling process and such to make sure that this can be an official discussion/poll.

Yay! My membership is now accepted and I voted for Boaring Wallow!!! :D

Ok here is some screen shots from turn 10.

The scout is 0.3 out of 1 and has 1 movement point as well has a promotion available. I guess where the scout is is where the GH was

the capital and warrior (presumably going for the GH)

BW is scheduled to grow to 2 pop next turn and IMO should be changed to a worker after growth

And the tech situation

Ok, sign me up for the idiot ranks must be expanded!

Any idea on seizing the power? Anarchistic Idiots must rule or we are all doomed!

You can use me to flame and troll over the political opponents. First, I like it. Second, I probably would not be banned for long since I must post in the PBEM forum, SGOTM forum, and GOTM forum. Third, the idea of protecting idiocity seems appealing. Forth, sometimes it can be useful. Fifth, I forgot.

I'm not planning on lurking too much, since the game is kind of idiotic and I have enough of it at work and at home. But you can count on my vote any time.

Well as far as seizing power, I think that we might have it it 90% of our members vote. We could play it like a SG :D . But just that the DP will play for us :lol: .

Top Bottom