Do we build Smiths Trading Company in Styx?

Do we build Smith's in Styx

• Other (please post what)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
Theory of Evolution and Hoover Dam appear to be our favoured Wonders, but we have an opportunity to build Smiths Trading Company.

We have a prebuild that is ongoing in Styx. It will be too early for ToE but could be converted to a Hospital.

Do we want to trade for Economics and convert the prebuild to Smith's instead? At our current rate of research Smiths will be built before we have to start prebuilds for ToE and Hoover. Other Civs have a couple of turns headstart on us if we were starting from scratch, but our prebuild will put us out in front.

The suggestion in the discussion thread is that we trade Theory of Gravity as part of the Peace deal with Japan for Economics. This does run the risk that Persia will trade for it and enter the next age.

Do we risk it? Is the gold we will save worth it?

Do we convert the prebuild in Styx to Smiths?

(the Wonders discussion thread)

I voted no, as cash-rich Persia may be able to trade for ToG, bringing in riflemen that much earlier. Even if an alliance with Japan would block a trade to Persia, other countries may go the deal if Tokugawa decides to spread the technology.

Besides, I think Styx needs a Hospital more than Fanatikos needs Smith's.

Cyc said:
I voted no, as cash-rich Persia may be able to trade for ToG, bringing in riflemen that much earlier. Even if an alliance with Japan would block a trade to Persia, other countries may go the deal if Tokugawa decides to spread the technology.

Besides, I think Styx needs a Hospital more than Fanatikos needs Smith's.

What he said!

-- Ravensfire

Smith's is not worth it. For a huge country with 50 cities, it is a lifesaver. For a small nation (like ours) with 8 cities, it is all but a cultural relic. Build a hospital to save the lives of our Styxians and let the city grow!

Top Bottom