Samurai Reskin

Expositus

Chieftain
I was rather unhappy with the default samurai skin when I finally got them. I thought the golden'ish colors were a bit silly and the sword looked rather dull.

I went with a black-white-red theme and did the entire thing in one sitting. Please letme know if you like it or not. I want to do more, most likely for the Fuedal Japan mod, in more interesting colors.

I think this does better justice the samurai and their weapon.

Here's the original for reference.

Attachments

• samurai.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 778
This looks really sharp! Definitely an improvement from the former.

You know this is differntly One Mod that is a MUST HAVE if you play with the Samarai Unit.

10 out of 10
Great Job.

I used to play as the japanese all the time, for the samauri, and never really liekd their armor, but I like the extra balck and silver in the new samauri... maybe I'll start playing civ IV again....

I've added the .dds file to CustomAssets\art\units\Samurai

but it still won't load in-game, what am I doing wrong?

ecc said:
I've added the .dds file to CustomAssets\art\units\Samurai

but it still won't load in-game, what am I doing wrong?

Samurai is a unique so thats the wrong path. It should be like CustomAssets\art\units\unique\japan\samurai\

Very nice. I think I swap for these as I will play the Japs a lot

The samurai archer and mount would be really nice. However I'm reluctant to do it myself as the bow the bowman is weilding is highly inaccurate for the type of bow samurai used. The model of the archer himself I'm afraid wouldn't look very professional reskinned with the type of armor the samurai wore.

The immortal unit might could be made to look like a mounted samurai with a yari or naginata.

I have a question: when you do the re-skinning, which .dds file do you make the changes to, because for some of the units there are more than one file.

You have tou find out yourself but in general, it's the "unit_128.dds" for human units and "unit_256.dds" for vehicles.
Convert them in .bmp and watch the one that look the more like the real one!
Don't worry, the other ones really don't look the same and they have a different name including damage, bomb, fire or stuffs like that!

Top Bottom