National Sport

What should our national sport be

• Total voters
I would have liked Dwarf Throwing as an option :cry: ... or Jello Wrestling :drool:

:mischief: perhaps we will have a town where these things prevail in dark secret places.

Sorry, those events are flawed in many was and were not stated soon enough.

1. I dont beleave jello was invented in 4000 BC.

2. I dont beleave you should be so predudis and say that dworf throwing is a sport. Some people would say as i will that it is offencive to themselves or people they know. Dwarfs are people and you shall respect them just as you would respect anyone else. I wish a moderator to remove that part of his post as it was not funny to me as he had intended it to be.

Illini Rule said:
Sorry, those events are flawed in many was and were not stated soon enough.

1. I dont beleave jello was invented in 4000 BC.

2. I dont beleave you should be so predudis and say that dworf throwing is a sport. Some people would say as i will that it is offencive to themselves or people they know. Dwarfs are people and you shall respect them just as you would respect anyone else. I wish a moderator to remove that part of his post as it was not funny to me as he had intended it to be.
I think you have misinterpreted my highly esteemed Idiotic fellow fe's take on Dwarf Throwing. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the dwarfs are supposed to be the ones throwing :lol: .
Side note: As a little excercise for the logical part of our intellect (we Idiots have a hard time doing this but are stupid enough to try from time to time) we can take a look at one of the proposed sports and try figure out how that relates to the quoted opinion.

Gladiators-fighting to the death of outlaws or POWs for our pleasure

Anyone who can define that as treating other people with respect wins a bbq'd lemming.

As I recall the dwarves in the area where it was outlawed were furious about outlawing dwarf-tossing. They made good money at it. It's not like the bar patrons went outside to find the first dwarf they could find and throw them. These guys volunteered and were rewarded hansomely.

Dwarf-tossing really should have been an option. Gladiator-fighting was insanely more cruel and offensive than Dwarf-tossing. Where as Kebaba was an excellent choice :thumbsup:

Kebaba has "rc4" aka real civ4 application since there are plenty of barbarians to take care of. Later in the game, kebaba can be transferred to enemy units. It's the only game mentioned that can be played interactively with the citizens of the demogame.

I voted kebaba(TM some idiot). :D

Gladiator Fighting is not agienst a group that had not done something wrone. Gladiator Fighting is between people who have commited crimes or fought in war with us. Dworfs are made fun of because they are short. That is not a choise to be short. Also, I had a forum up where you could have nominated the stupid thing.

chariot racing! what's more fun than seeing some dude push his wheel into his opponents wheel and seeing the two of them get trampled by their horses?

I must barge in and insist that Dwarf Throwing is an occupation that many short people enjoy. Being thrown is quite cool, said the last I (this actually happened) tossed in a bar. He really enjoyed it, and being called a dwarf was no matter to worry for him. He is not alone, and some in the bar were eager to take a shot at being tossed - they were there for a chance at being thrown, just like I was there for a chance at throwing.

The Idiot Partee's (unofficial, because nothing is made official until all the required parts are found and installed; we have no dwarves yet in the partee) stance on the matter currently is that a dwarf tossing must involve benevolent dwarves and tossers, and that the heretoforth called dwarves are thus called in all due respect of their particular status, not unlike you would call a white man white or somesuch. Notice however that midget tossing would be a disrespectful abuse of the connotation and be no better than calling a black man ni.... I won't finish it.

Also, notice that dwarves were, in all consciousness, included as wishees in the following, and brilliant, wish sent from one of the forefathers of the Partee.

This being said, KEBABAFTW !!!

Top Bottom