new civilization: Catalonia

zeysoft

Chieftain
it would have been nice if you say more about your work

in general, you say:
name of the civ
leaders (traits, favorite civic, original LH or not)
UU: Inspiring unit, change (for example: condottiere, Knight +10% city attack)
flag

you may also write the city list

and above all, it's very nice to have some screenshot

I hope it is good, but as you describe it, i don't want to try it...please, make an effort.

thanks by advance

New thread
Version 1
Civilization name: Catalan Empire
Leader: Jaume I (Aggressive, Industrious)
Favorite civic: Hereditary rule
Unique unit: Catalan Swordsman
Strength: 8
Movement: 2
Cost: 30
+10% city Strength
upgrades to Maceman
remplace swordman​

Cities:
Barcelona, València, Tarragona, Palma, Alicant, Girona, Perpinyà, Lleida, Castelló de la Plana, l'Alguer, Salt, Martorell, Alcoi, Reus, Manresa, Terrassa, Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Puigcerdà, Ripoll, Berga, Andorra, Sitges, l'Hopitalet de Llobregat, Tortosa, Amposta, la Seu d'Urgell, Figueres, Banyoles, Olot, Mataró, Balaguer​

Download
Screenshots:

Attachments

• Jaume.JPG
    Jaume.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 899
  • Catalan swordsman.JPG
    Catalan swordsman.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 714
Looks cool, but has that uu been reskind or is it just the standard swordman-look?

Whoa! That UU is WAY overpowered!

The Roman UU has 8 strength, 1 movement, and costs 45 shields. Yours has 8 strength, 2 movement, and costs 30 shields! That is a huge benefit and advantage.. It definitely needs to be toned down!

Shqype said:
Whoa! That UU is WAY overpowered!

The Roman UU has 8 strength, 1 movement, and costs 45 shields. Yours has 8 strength, 2 movement, and costs 30 shields! That is a huge benefit and advantage.. It definitely needs to be toned down!

I agree, the Roman Praetorian is somewhat overpowered, but this guy is too much. What's more it is the UU for an aggressive civ. Tooooo strong dude !!

New thread
I prepare a new version of Catalunya. I hope that at the end of this week, it finish.

Thanks.

anjf: UU is just the standard swordman-look

New thread
Version 2
Changes
Leader
Name: James I of Aragon​
UU
Name: Almogavar​
Movement: 1​
Cost: 45​
New skin for UU​

Download

Link (german): http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=30827

Completed information
Leader: James I of Aragon (Aggressive, Industrious)
Favorite civic: Hereditary rule
UU: Almogavar (new skin)
Strength: 8​
Movement: 1​
Cost: 45​
+10% city Strength​
upgrades to Maceman​
remplace swordman​
Cities:
Barcelona, València, Tarragona, Palma, Alicant, Girona, Perpinyà, Lleida, Castelló de la Plana, l'Alguer, Salt, Martorell, Alcoi, Reus, Manresa, Terrassa, Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Puigcerdà, Ripoll, Berga, Andorra, Sitges, l'Hopitalet de Llobregat, Tortosa, Amposta, la Seu d'Urgell, Figueres, Banyoles, Olot, Mataró, Balaguer​

Download

Screenshots:
James I of Aragon.jpg almogaver.JPG

Catalan Swordsman? I think a CNT militiaman would be a better UU, but I am somewhat partial. :)

New thread
Kale Borroka said:
Catalan Swordsman? I think a CNT militiaman would be a better UU, but I am somewhat partial.

First: new name of Catalan Swordsman (in version 2) is Almogavars

Second: I think that Almogavars is a better UU because in fifteenth century Catalonia controlled: Sicily, Napols, Sardinia... (Conquered with Almogavars)

Hey, I have registered just to thank you the creation of the Catalan civilization, and to check two bugs : In city names you have put "Alicant" well, the real name is alacant , and there is no flag, if is difficult to put a "senyera", you can use the english one :goodjob:

Coming along nicely.

One thing to make sure is since it's one unit, it should really be Almogavar (no s) so as to retain consistency with the naming of other units.

Secondly, I think you're onto the right stats, but it's still much too cheap. It appears they were just as powerful as the Roman legionnaires, if not more so, but they were hired mercenaries pretty much, and it's later in time vs. the legionnaires, so you have to account for modest game inflation (Almogavars were around the 12th and 13th centuries).

If they weren't mounted (it appears not) they should have a movement of 1, so maybe 8/1/70, much like the Samurai, with a few abilities, given that this will probably come much later in time (Guilds?), and an upgrade path to Rifleman.

And what about Peter III of Aragon? I'd think he would make for a good leader of Catalonia. That was late 13th century, an exciting time. (If you're ever played Castles II: Siege and Conquest, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.)

Hmm, might work for a good scenario…

Well, maybe Almogàver needs to be more expensive, and i don't know if it's because i played the first version, but they havn't the +10% vs city.

And I agree that Pere III was a great leader, but if he has to add a second leader, I prefer Francesc Macià, more actual, so we can play play with leaders of two diferents eras. And maybe he could have the "Aggressive, Industrious" and let Jaume with "Expansive, Industrious" because the most important thing he did (the conquest of València and the islands) is more an expansive that an agressive fact

New thread
I'm prepare new version: it will included three new leaders: Francesc Macià, Lluís Companys and Peter III of Aragon (Pere III).

I'm correct two bugs:
Originally Posted by Valencian

In city names yo have put "Alicant" whell, the real name is alacant , and there is no flag, if is difficult to put a "senyera", you can use the english one
:thanx: Valencian

I hope that for following Monday he is ready

New thread
Version 2.5
Changes
Leaders
Leader 1: James I of Aragon (Expansive, Industrious, Hereditary rule)
Leader 2: Peter III of Aragon (Philosiphical, Expansive, Hereditary rule)
Leader 3: Lluís Companys Joder (Industrious, Organized, UniversalSuffrage)
Leader 4: Francesc Macià Llussà (Aggressive, Industrious, Universal Suffrage)​
Corrected two bugs:
Name of Alicant --> Alacant
Flag --> New flag is English Flag​
UU: Almogavar
Cost: 80
+10% city Attack
+20% vs. Melee Units
Stars with Combat I
upgrades to Rifleman or Grenadier
remplace Maceman​

Download

Link (german): http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=30827

Completed information
Leader 1: James I of Aragon (Expansive, Industrious, Hereditary rule)
Leader 2: Peter III of Aragon (Philosiphical, Expansive, Hereditary rule)
Leader 3: Lluís Companys Joder (Industrious, Organized, Universal Suffrage)
Leader 4: Francesc Macià Llussà (Aggressive, Industrious, Universal Suffrage)​
Color: Dark Yellow
UU: Almogavar
Strength: 8
Movement: 1
Cost: 80
+10% city Attack
+20% vs. Melee Units
Stars with Combat I
upgrades to Rifleman or Grenadier
remplace Maceman​
Cities:
Barcelona, València, Tarragona, Palma, Alacant, Girona, Perpinyà, Lleida, Castelló de la Plana, l'Alguer, Salt, Martorell, Alcoi, Reus, Manresa, Terrassa, Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Puigcerdà, Ripoll, Berga, Andorra, Sitges, l'Hopitalet de Llobregat, Tortosa, Amposta, la Seu d'Urgell, Figueres, Banyoles, Olot, Mataró, Balaguer​

Download

Screenshots of new leaders:

Attachments

• Francesc Macia.jpg
    Francesc Macia.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Lluis Companys.jpg
    Lluis Companys.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 334
  • Peter III of Aragon.jpg
    Peter III of Aragon.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 301
Great... but caution, you changed the second surname of Companys ... with a fun result. As I can see on the screenshot in the game it's ok. Thank You!

Top Bottom