gmaharriet01

Team gma! :dance:

I was most honored to have had a tiny part in this one. Way to stay on message all the way to the end.

As far as Osman goes: sorta confirms my suspicion that the AI gets very restless as you approach a non-military victory condition. I suspect that had scout not made deft use of an MPP at the end, Japan would have felt the need to send over cavs to get fertilize Mongol soil as well. Not so happy that we lost our off-shore holdings and their lux (which is what was killing team gma at the end), and I would most enjoy a rematch where Osman was put in his place. :devil:

YAY!! That was outstanding! Congrats team and lurkers!! Considering we had 1 aggressive neighbor in a zero science game 100K game, 1 lux to start with, jungles galore, no iron IIRC, big time WW from feud and less than perfect traits for a 100k etc etc. This was no easy feat and much harder game than using Celts in SGOTM6, for sure.

Things I learned..
I hate feudalism and hope to never have to use it ever again.
How truly important luxs are for a 100k victory. Without them maintainence and happiness is hard to manage.
How unimportant research can be once you get the critical 100K techs (temples, libs)
CE's make for a even more complex MMing than I ever expected.
Fe gets rookie of the year honors for his story telling!

@Team: I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and I'd like to thank all of the lurkers who de-lurked and joined in. I enjoy the social aspect of SGs almost as much as the game itself, and you guys helped make this one memorable for me.

Fortunately, the fun isn't over. :mischief:

For those who would like to continue playing... we can start GMA1.1 this weekend.

To refresh everyone's memory, there was some discussion in this thread about taking the Mongols into Communism. This empire... wasn't really set up for that.

Somewhere on my hard drive I have an Emperor level Aztec game that would be a real treat to play in communism. This game lends itself to a non-stop slugfest. I'm in Monarchy, at tech parity in the early Industrial Age, with Replaceable Parts a few turns out... and Nationalism in hand.

And we're all gonna watch Harriet lead a Cavalry charge straight through Arabia! :devil:

All of the team - that's 'regular' team members as well as the lurkers who played - are invited to participate. If the lurkers would prefer to play more often, we can spin a second team off and have a 1.1a and a 1.1b SG. Sir Bugsy has done this on a few occasions, and it's always been fun.

I'll dig up the game tomorrow... on the assumption you all want to play this. I think it'd be great for those who want to experience Communism.

A slugfest! I'm in however I would like to be towards the end. Turns out my hard drive blew out and they're delivering it Tuesday or Wednesday.

@Mauer: :wavey:

For those following it, gmaharriet 1.1 has been started in a fresh thread.

Top Bottom