• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Emancipation TOO Powerful?

mythmonster2

BEC NOIR! RUN!
All right I've seen the civics screen and played a short game of civ 4 but one thing bugged me and that is emancipation. I think that Emancipation should only give unhappiness to civs running slavery or serfdom. Any comments?

The only other two besides those are Tribalism and Caste system, and if you think about it people would still probably be emancipated over either of those

mythmonster2 said:
All right I've seen the civics screen and played a short game of civ 4 but one thing bugged me and that is emancipation. I think that Emancipation should only give unhappiness to civs running slavery or serfdom. Any comments?

I changed lots of the original civics that did not make sense along with adding quite a few of my own. ;) Emancipation was one, yes.:D

I agree... I really dislike the game forcing you into a particular civic (either through this method, or through the UN). Emancipation isn't selected because its good, its selected because you basically have to. Horrible.:sad:

Actually, I'm always sad to have to give up slavery, as it is ideal for getting new cities up to speed quickly, especially in the rare case in which you can combine it with biology. Depending on the map/game speed, serfdom is also preferable - the water mills required by state property take a while to build. I've never seen reason to take the finanical hit required by caste, except for the game where I went for the infinite Great Merchant city.

I'm thinking emancipation should only affect civs with open borders agreement with civs using the emancipation civic. Why? Because a closed society wouldn't know much about the lifestyle of other civs.

Actually, in my last game, I did not have Democracy, so I couldn't switch. So, I made great efforts to secure more happiness resources, build Hollywood, and broadcast towers, cheap theaters, and I did OK (on monarch) while also getting some war weariness as well. What I had a hard time figuring out is why some cities had -5 hit for emancipation while other cities only had -3. Plus, only 3 other civs remained in the game only 2 of which had democracy.

Hey Dude,

Any chance you could post your 'Religious Victory Mod' here for me to download ?

Thanks in advance,

Fung :D

fung3 said:
Hey Dude,

Any chance you could post your 'Religious Victory Mod' here for me to download ?

Thanks in advance,

Fung :D

C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\xml\gameinfo. That's where the file goes. It opens up the religious victory condition.:cool:

Attachments

• CIV4VictoryInfo.zip
    855 bytes · Views: 67
Top Bottom