Official National Naming Poll

What shall we name our country?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
This poll shall be used to finally determine the name of our fair nation. The names, which have been submitted in various places during the course of the first term. Here are the current candidate names:

Licentia - submitted by Swissempire - Latin for 'freedom'
Oceania - submitted by I am the Future - based on Geroge Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four
Augostine - submitted by 5star_us
The People's Democratic State of Empiria - submitted by Bengeance
Fattieland - submitted by Tubby Rowever
'Fantica' variant - submitted by Octavian X
Egypt - default name
None of the above
Abstain

The poll will run for four days, and is public. Some previous discussion has occured in the Unofficial Office of the Name as well as another thread with other national symbol proposals.

Once the name is selected, we will move on to formally deciding how to name our civilization in the game (like the civ adjective, formal, leader name, etc.).

Please note the special condition of the 'Fanatica' variant choice. Should this choice win, we will move on to another stage in which the actual variant is chosen. Also note the None of the Above option - should this option win, the poll will be scrapped and more time given for new name suggestions.

Now, please vote!

:mad: D'oh!

I forgot the 'Egypt' and 'None of the Above' options for the poll. If those wanting to vote for these options will kindly wait until a moderator adds the options, your patience would be greatly apprecated. :D

Yay its up.... and goooooooddd!!!!, oh ya and the poll is up too, yay.

It looks great

Octavian X said:
:mad: D'oh!

I forgot the 'Egypt' and 'None of the Above' options for the poll. If those wanting to vote for these options will kindly wait until a moderator adds the options, your patience would be greatly apprecated. :D

Or if you want either of those, you COULD vote for Licentia;)

Or if you don't want either of those you could vote for Licentia

Feel how it rolls off the tongue

I salute you my fellow Licentians(hopefully!)

Augustine!

i like the way Licentia looks and sounds.

Fattieland go go go !

Fattieland was suggested as a bad suggestion by SwissEmpire. I took it on because I liked underdogs and stuff people tell me that I can do.

I didn't submit it... jsut champion it. Not that I'm fat but the old names were pretty stiff and dull. Oceana would be a good name if we were on an 'peligo. Empira would be nice but the official name is a bit stuffy.

It ain't derogatory if it targets no one, is it? And I wouldn't change my vote for anything but a good hearty breakfast with baked beans and full of SPAM.

Yer but it just makes the game look a bit stupid, what do others do when the people who voted for it start dropping out?

Out of curiossity can a new poll be made at a later date to change the name?

If so we could let Fattieland run its natural(y short) course and then hold a new vote for a better name.

OR.... We could all vot Licentia

or we could take the top 3 winning ones from this poll and have another one, we went through like 3 polls for civ3 demogame one time if i remember rightly

Top Bottom