Axum Spearman

ShiroKobbure

Still modding Civ3
Whoot!! I can't believe I missed this! Nice work! :goodjob:

Ho hey, great work! I didn't know you made units at all. If this is a fair example of their quality, I hope to see many more on their way.

It would be nice to see some later-era warriors for Ethiopia, to give them more of a realistic line. I had some pictures posted here once upon a time, but I can't find them again...

Shiro... this your first unit?! WOW! Very very impressive! :goodjob:
And thanks for filling in a blank in my Ethiopian lineup... :)

Totally awesome.

x2 on Plotinus' call for later-era Ethiopian (and thereabouts) units, too!

Yes!

I think the unit most needed is a spear thrower, like a black version of the Mayan UU. There is an Ethiopian Javelineer unit available, I think by Sween, but it is a cut and paste effort that, while good for its day (back when all custom CivIII units were like this) doesn't compare to the more recent stuff.

We could also do with African archers. R8XFT will be remedying this deficit slightly when he releases the project on which he's currently working, but still, more would be helpful.

African gunpowder units are desperately lacking. There are some units representing modern African guerillas, I think, and Civ Army did a musketeer for Kanem-Bornu, but I can't think of any other than that apart from Dom Pedro's fictitious Zulu musketeer and cavalry.

Here are some icons from my African scenario depicting troops of the late medieval and early modern periods, I think mostly Ethiopian. These periods are very under-represented in the game but have serious coolness potential for units, in my opinion. I included the mounted troops although I take it you're not planning on doing any of these. But all of these would be good units to have.

Here's the picture I used at the start of the thread for that scenario, depicting the last battle of the legendary Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al-Ghazi, or "Grañ", the "Left-Handed".

Then there's the Tuareg Warrior.

Finally, check out these guys. TopGun69 requested these units - all Ethiopian - a while ago.

Shiro, it´s a very nice unit.

... and the "Tuareg Warrior" showed by Plotinus :love: :bounce:

Top Bottom