v.0.1 ALPHA: The Song of the Moon: the first Civ TOTAL CONVERSION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBG

Prince
Here are some screenshots to whet your appetite:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 3,395
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,429
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 2,772
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 2,790
  • Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 2,715
Post reserved.

EDIT1 (15/02/06):
Current version is v0.102A; latest version updated this morning thanks to Matthewv's work overnight. This version works on everyone's computers, so if you're getting problems and downloaded before this morning (12:00 GMT on the Fifteenth of February 2006) then download THIS version and play away. JBG

We are the Song of the Moon. Your posts will add to our technological and biological distinctiveness. Resistance is futile. :borg:

Fixed the XML and Support link.

PM it to me and I'll put it up on the first post! Or rather, PM me the location - I couldn't cope with 58 megs!

NO!!! DON'T OVERWRITE ANYTHING!!!! Unzip everything into your Mods folder - all the zips have the directories already included, but for god's sake don't overwrite your original files!

You do just download and unload, just a few more times than normal until we can get a unified file rigged up via Filegone. And Matthewv, use the version I post here! Don't post your own!

Okay here it is. I hope it works

Place the folder "Song of the moon" in your mods folder once you extracted it. In this folder there is also a file called Moon_Map.py. Place this file in your PublicMaps directory.

When you start a new game be sure to select moon_map as the map type. You can aslo change some of the other settings of the map. The water setting control how dust seas will be placed on the map.

Here is the like to the folder:

Link to older version removed

Question: filegone gave me a 15.8MB file to download. Is it supposed to be 15.8MB, instead of the 58MB JBG mentioned earlier?

Question: filegone gave me a 15.8MB file to download. Is it supposed to be 15.8MB, instead of the 58MB JBG mentioned earlier?
yes the 58 meg refers to the unarchived size

Updated the first post with the link. Good work!

EDIT: Added instructions for the map script.

Note to all downloading this mod. the current version posted may not work properly yet. Please be patient while we try to release a working version.

Just to point out, colonisation is spelled coloni"z"ation.:D

-BTW nice work

According to the Oxford, Cambridge, collins, Encarta World and Chambers English dictionaries it is spelt with an 's' as is every other -isation word.

Perhaps you refer to the American corruption of the ending?

And I get no problems whatsoever when I download and install the file. Are you all sure you're playing with the Moon_Map selected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom