White Mage (c&p) 15 FEB 06

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Okay, this is basically just a C&P attack animation for the Princess from PTW to make her into a White Mage for the FF mod....

The original unit was by Firaxis and the Spell effects are a heavily modified version of Aaglo's Nature Magic spell. Zip included INI (links all of the Princess files), Appropriate attack sounds, and of course, my all new animation, which I double-checked to make sure that it would line up with the rest of the princess flics (I had to increase the size to 240x240 to accomodate the attack anim).

Preview:

Files

Looks great.:) It's nice to see some attacks for some of these units that had none.:goodjob:

I like your heavily modified spell attack. Very geometric and clean. Quite nice.

Wow looks great. hmm you converted the attack but I think it would even look better if there would be halfspheres instead of the expanding rings butal in all I think this would be too much workfor a unit that's already really good unit.

aaglo said:
Heh... what did you do to it? Reduce the number of frames, made it smaller and changed the colours... It looks actually quite nice :thumbsup:

Yeah.... I'd already re-sized it, deleted every other frame (because it was too long to use otherwise) and used the color adj tool to make it blue for the "Ice" attatck that my esperling unit does.... I decided to copy and paste the layer as a new file in case I wanted to make any other units using this effect.... What I didi this time was shift Red and Green to the max and Blue to the min to make it nice and white so that it looks like some kind of holy spell....

Whoot! Fantastic! Now the princess is even more spoiled!:goodjob:

Nice. Replacing the current Damsel unit attack in the Playground mod. :thumbsup:

Hehe. A little bit of tweaking...

Attachments

• Lightning of Death.zip
    282.4 KB · Views: 504
That looks so cool. :goodjob:

There is one thing that might be wrong with it - or i am not understanding this properly (maybe this is not what you intended):
So when she raises her scepter - the way i see it - the lightning arc that comes out of the scepter should apear a fraction of a second before the lightning strikes the spot.

What I did was simply paste in the lightning the moment the star/circle/spell#1 comes out.

So, no. I didn't really intend it to match up with the staff/baton thing's movements. :crazyeye:

Bluemofia said:
So, no. I didn't really intend it to match up with the staff/baton thing's movements. :crazyeye:

Just a coincidence. :)

Nice Work! Both are very good. Kind of reminds me of the "White Witch" of Narnia.

I hope this unit is making it into the WH mod, replacing the old Damsel unit..?

I hope so too, since all sounds and other crap have now been fully tested in-game (when I played the FF mod until I won a dominatrix, er I mean, domination victory in the modern era as Alexandria), and, I'm happy to say, everything worked perfectly, especially the part where they are hard to kill... I lost a freakin' Advanced AIRSHIP to a well-fortified WHM in a city on a hill that had a command center in it....

Top Bottom