UN: Custom Name

RegentMan

Deity
I figured I'd better get one started before Ginger snatches it too. ;)

Official Discussion

Instructions: Anyone can and should start a thread in their team forum with this discussion so they can discuss among themselves. Please discuss the following:

Does your team want a custom leader or civilization? In the screenie, you see I've only changed the leader name to RegentMan. However, your team can (and I encourage it) be creative and come up with a non-default leader and civilization name. Discussion should be wrapped up by the end of next week.

After you've decided, PM it to both Ginger_Ale and RegentMan.

Spoiler Sample :
Leader: Bigfoot
Civ Description: Holliatarian Empire
Short Description: Holliataria
Civ Adjective: Holliatarian

So I'd be Bigfoot, leader of the Holliatarian Empire. My fellow Holliatarian citizens and I are proud members of Holliataria.

Could this be dependent on whether teams civs are known in advance?

If they're not known in advance there could be benefits to leaving it as the default civ name.

Then I guess teams' civs will be known in advance.

Even if we didn't tell people, if a team didn't get their first civ choice, they know someone else did, meaning there is another team with that civ, giving them an unfair advantage. Letting everyone know the teams a la the Civ3 MTDG gets everyone on an equal playing field.

I'm in favor of creativity! Now, are opur teams votingon this or uis it on a team by team basis( this is not a Innovia approved feeling)

For the sake of clarity:

We may originate clever names and adjectives, but the leaderhead display will still represent the leader/civ/traits our team is playing.

The intention here, unless I'm mistaken, is to give the teams latitude in the creative customization of their civ. But this will in no way mask the traits each team has beed granted. Have I got it right here?

peter grimes said:
For the sake of clarity:

We may originate clever names and adjectives, but the leaderhead display will still represent the leader/civ/traits our team is playing.

The intention here, unless I'm mistaken, is to give the teams latitude in the creative customization of their civ. But this will in no way mask the traits each team has beed granted. Have I got it right here?

well I think the admins are going to announce our leaders anyway so it's moot.

Yes, we are announcing each teams' civilization and leader when we determine them. It'll get its own thread in the public forum.

Sent Aloha's this morning..sorry for the holdup.

One more discussion down - we are very close!

Just misc. options (2/5 teams already done), and the ruleset (shouldn't take too long...now where is that new patch?)!

Top Bottom