NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
"Static" Pack
CIV+Warlords+BtS

Click to enlarge

Doom Train said:
Still better than nothing
:goodjob:

I. Static Leaders. This pack replaces all 52 animated leaderheads with static ones. I hope it will help those players, who have video problems with animated LHs or just dont like them. Images of the leaders based on in-game screenshots. Components: 53 .dds images + СIV4ArtDefines_LeaderHead.xml.

II. Static Wonder Movies.This pack replaces wonder and project movies with static .bik images, based on original movies. Components: 36 .bik images.

III. Static Religion Movies. This pack replaces 7 religion foundation movies with static dds images, based on original movies. Components: 7 .dds images + СIV4ReligionInfo.xml + CvWonderMovieScreen.py.

Static Pack Downloads: Leaders || Wonders || Religions

Installation Instructions

It's possible to use any combination of these three " static" packs. UnRAR the files to appropriate CustomAssets. And that's all for BtS installation.

Vanilla & Warlords

You need these files to be unpacked after main installation!

- Leaders: View attachment sleaders_xml.zip (CIV 1.61-1.74), View attachment sleaders2_xml.zip (Warlords 2.00-2.13)
- Wonders: no additional files required
- Religions: View attachment sreligions_xmlpy.zip (Both for Vanilla and Warlords)

Welcome to "One Frame Movies" Cinema! :D

Love this idea - been thinking about doing it myself.

But I'd like to see static pics that authentic, real pics/portraits so that they integrate well with new mods.

Many complain that statics do no mesh with 3D, and that we have to wait to bring all up to 3D.

Well....why not bring them all down to static?

Very nice !!! :)

I was really surprised this was never done before...Look forward to using them..

hmmm,, not sure why but the game is still using the animated leaderheads and not the static ones,,, you did say in Custom Assets right ? :confused:

oooops,, on my 2nd Startup everything is working fine now..:)
once again thanks for your effort...

Wyz_sub10 said:
Love this idea - been thinking about doing it myself.

But I'd like to see static pics that authentic, real pics/portraits so that they integrate well with new mods.

Many complain that statics do no mesh with 3D, and that we have to wait to bring all up to 3D.

Well....why not bring them all down to static?
I'd certainly use a mod like that if someone made it :). I'm already using the static leaderheads, as they completely prevent the technical issues I was having before, from serious slowdowns to crashes to weird blackness out of nowhere. And I've got a system that is substantially above the recommended specs... oh well.

It works in SP but when I am try it in MP it crashes

I get to the "Staging Room" but when I hit "launch" the game crashes

anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

The reason I am using Static Leaderheads is that MP the game disconnects human players around the 1500 AD (normal game speed) when AI Diplomacy contacts a human player

NOTE: in single player I dont need static leaerheads... it works fine... only in MP is the lag bad...then goes to disconnect

Updated. The pack now compatible with patch 1.61. Get patch for this patch ;)

Officer Reene,
Unfortunately, I have no idea about this issue. :confused: Never played MP.

good... but I need is a Model for LH to 3dMax... because I have a problem when a try export a custom...

Well, I think it's possible, but why don't you like the in-game option "No movies"?

Well, I think it's possible, but why don't you like the in-game option "No movies"?
Some of us modders want to quickly put up a religion / wonder movie that doesn't require a studio of artists to produce! :). (I suppose the answer is quite easy to find, since the Holy City movies are static).

Do you, offhand, recall what the pixel dimensions of the leaderheads should be? I noticed when using static leaderheads that the engine will auto-resize them. I'm sure something can be done in Python to resize what size graphics is expected, too.

I love your sig :D

The reason that i dont want to disable all the movies is that its only the leader head and religion aniamtions that are causing me problems and thx to u i have fixed the leaderhead problem:goodjob: so all i need to do is fix the religion movies. im not to good with graphics:confused: so can someone make a mod or show me what to do.

Well, Static Religion Movies Pack is ready. alexpro14, you can get it from the 1st post.

Also I made Static Wonder Movies Pack. :cool:

Padmewan said:
Do you, offhand, recall what the pixel dimensions of the leaderheads should be? I noticed when using static leaderheads that the engine will auto-resize them. I'm sure something can be done in Python to resize what size graphics is expected, too.

I used 512x618 as a base image for leaders in my Rulers of Russia mod. It looks ok. But, while making screenshots for this static pack, I noticed that leaders images on Diplomacy screen are 343x451. I guess that should be the starting point before dds conversion.

I ve problems with videos in the game.(Never seen some of the wonder movies since i brought the game). With this pack at least images are visible(still better than nothing)

Thanks...

Doom Train said:
...still better than nothing

lol I'll add these words to the first post.

Officer Reene said:
It works in SP but when I am try it in MP it crashes

I get to the "Staging Room" but when I hit "launch" the game crashes...

This is FYI, in case it helps anyone else that is having the MP crashing issues with the static pack...

I am still having lag issues... so I decided to make a beta type static leaderheads by researching the forums here...

granted I am not an expert coder/modder and I am not positive what I did to fix the MP crash problem:

but I did 2 different things:

1) DDS files - I am not sure but it may be the "alpha" channel in the dds

I tried to open your static leaderhead pics with "dds coverter 2" (trying to get the pixel size frame) and I couldnt do it... I have had problems in the past with opening some DDS files... and I think it could be the format or alpha file...

therefore I created (crude) bmp pics of the leaderheads for testing purposes and using the coverter to make them dds (no alpha channels in any of the new dds files)

so this may be the problem

2) XML Format

I followed Charcoal's tutorial (thx Jak08 too for his help)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=148507

where he wrote:

Now open up CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml, again scroll to the bottom.
And where is something else to copy and paste into it: <LeaderheadArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_YOURLEADER</Type>
<Button>,Art/interface/LeaderHeads/leaderbutton.dds</Button>
<NIF>art/interface/LeaderHeads/Leaderhead.dds</NIF>
<KFM/>
<NoShaderNIF/>
<BackgroundKFM/>
</LeaderheadArtInfo>

(my boldface to point out the differences)

notice the difference with your coding and the his? He doesnt use the last 3 references to those graphic/shader/background files...

I followed that format too

First I did not get the original crash when "Launching" from MP LAN room (this was a sure sign I did something right)

then in the game it work in MP (it also worked in SP but I never had problems with your mod in SP)

So I am not sure... but it may have to do with the two changes (or at least one of the two) help the crashing issue in MP upon startup

NOTE: I played about 6 turns in MP with no crashing or disconnecting but I will keep you posted if I have any other problems...
(and maybe I'll make better pics for leaderheads)

Like I said, Im no expert modder/coder... but I wanted to give you my results in case it helps out anyone else with this crashing issue...

I may be wrong... but as long as my own fix works... Im not gonna sweat the small stuff...

Hope this helps...

PS: I am still using the 1.52 patch.... the new patch may correct this.....

Top Bottom