[New model] Zeppelin

C.Roland

FFH Art team member
My first unit model, a simple zepplin. The model and the skin are really simple.

Attachments

• zep.jpg
    zep.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,145
  • zep.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 637
Nice job. It's much better than the oversized bomb that has been used in other mods. Mind if I add it to my Composite Mod?

I tried it out but it didn't work. At least to work in my mod, a zeppelin_fx.nif file is needed as well.

Robo Magic Man said:
I tried it out but it didn't work. At least to work in my mod, a zeppelin_fx.nif file is needed as well.

Try this :

<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_unitname</Type>

<NIF>Art/Units/.../the nif in the zip</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/JetFighter/JetFighter.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/.../the nif in the zip</SHADERNIF>

And yes you can use it.

Ok, I did what you said and had the same problem. Here's what it looked like:

Attachments

• zeppelin.jpg
    zeppelin.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 412
It works for me. Do you have both files in mod folder?

Nice to see more ppl are doing new 3D units. I like your model, just one suggestion. Enable 2-Sided for your material so the tail fins won't be transparent on the other side.

sharick said:
It works for me. Do you have both files in mod folder?

Nice to see more ppl are doing new 3D units. I like your model, just one suggestion. Enable 2-Sided for your material so the tail fins won't be transparent on the other side.

Ah, yes. I forgot to do it, thanks.

Robo Magic Man said:
Ok, I did what you said and had the same problem. Here's what it looked like:

The model is ok, you only have a problem with the texture. Are the dds in the same folder of the nif ?

Yes the dds and nif are in the same folder. I think the problem must be in the XML, since the xml file I'm using is from the Lost Units Mod (the zeppelin model in that was an oversized bomb from the Bomber unit).

Would you mind posting the xml coding you're using so I can incorporate that?

Robo Magic Man said:
Yes the dds and nif are in the same folder. I think the problem must be in the XML, since the xml file I'm using is from the Lost Units Mod (the zeppelin model in that was an oversized bomb from the Bomber unit).

Would you mind posting the xml coding you're using so I can incorporate that?

Check Rabbit, White's F-15 mini mode and replace the f15.nif with the right nif.

Really nice unit :thumbsup:

Is there a way to modify the shadow ? Just a detail but right now I have this Zeppelin flying with a bomber shadow on the ground ;)

By the way I draw a button (based on an old photograph of the famous Graf Zeppelin), if anybody's interested :

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/zep.zip

wow, i just finally get the hand of adding new units in, and about the third thing on my checklist was to petition for a better zeplin for the lost units mod so I'm a happy camper right now (and thanks for the button to Azatoth).

Thanks guys.

~C

Azatoth said:
Really nice unit :thumbsup:

Is there a way to modify the shadow ? Just a detail but right now I have this Zeppelin flying with a bomber shadow on the ground ;)

By the way I draw a button (based on an old photograph of the famous Graf Zeppelin), if anybody's interested :

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/zep.zip

For the shadow, you can replace it by other unit's shadow in the xml but i don't thing one of these will fit perfectly.

I am using this graphic on a Gunship base and it works great. Unfortunately, it's stuck on one domain (land) so you can't go "around the world in 80 days" :(.

You may want to strip the sound though, as the Gunship's rotors are pretty loud and annoying. If anyone has any good "wind" loop .wavs, that would be really helpful.

Thanks, C.Roland!

Oooh, I just love zeppelins.

Hi Roland,

After further investigation, we have even a savegame to prove it, if a Zeppelin is in a city and you attack the city with any unit, it comes to a CTD. you can attack with zep., you cat recon, rebase..but you CAN NOT attack enemy city, where zeppelin is stationed - it look like animation has missing combat part

Houman said:
Hi Roland,

After further investigation, we have even a savegame to prove it, if a Zeppelin is in a city and you attack the city with any unit, it comes to a CTD. you can attack with zep., you cat recon, rebase..but you CAN NOT attack enemy city, where zeppelin is stationed - it look like animation has missing combat part

Like I said it use the jet figther animation ....

I'll try something this week.

Top Bottom