Universal Carrier

snafusmith

Unit Maker
All-

This is my latest product, the British Universal Carrier (info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Carrier). My skills are getting better slowly (very slowly!), but I think this is my best to date. Attached are a preview and the model.

Enjoy,

Smitty

EDIT #2:
Ok, I lightened the texture A TON this time, hopefully enough. Let me know if it's not. Also, I got rid of the driver (he seemed unpopular).

Attachments

• Universal Carrier.zip
    336.5 KB · Views: 297
  • Universal Carrier.JPG
    Universal Carrier.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,388
Awfully dark, but I think I might use that for a Lunar Colony pod! Does it matter what vanilla unit I link it to?

And yes, you're getting damned good smitty!

looks good! But what's this yellow 'ball' on the tank? Couldn't see that on the original images. If you could rework the skin with some more detail it will be perfect. Looks slightly like a plastic toy tank. Just some critisizm, don't get me wrong. I like that model and could use it for my wwii mod. :goodjob:

Very nice model, highly detailed and all. But just as others said i think it's a little over darkened, try to brighten it a little - the result should be great

This is a great start for an unexpected, cool unit.

I agree with the above posts: try to model the texture just a wee bit more, and do remove the driver (perhaps you could import and shrink the Firaxis infantry unit to fit? You idea for a driver is good in principle, since chariots and war elephants have them...)

Keep up the good work!

Good job snafusmith, you are making progress.
Tracks and sides are perfect. Maybe one more texture on top because that's how we'll see it in civ. I don't know what to tell you about the LEGO man. Character modelling is the most difficult part.
Don't forget to convert textures to DDS with DX1 compression. This will save you a lot on filesize.
Keep it up!

It works like a dream as a colony pod. ;) It might need a dome to protect the driver, but who's looking too closely? :p

I did have to scale it way down in game to around 0.12 to get it to look right.

Any chance of getting it lighter, a lot lighter?

Top Bottom