Bray-Shaman (11th March, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!
Here's a bray-shaman of the Beasts-of-Chaos (again, from WHFB). Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia from the games workshop website.
The Shamans of the Beastmen are figures held in respect and awe by their brethren. Even the most powerful Beastmen chief must be wary of the abilities of the Shamans, for they alone amongst the Brayherd have magical powers. These powers are not learned from books or tutors, as they are by less-favoured races; the Shamans can command the winds of magic by instinct, shaping the forces of Chaos into an expression of their will as naturally as a lesser being might form words and sentences.

Bray-shamans are very important to the warbands. Not only do the most powerful amongst them use their magic to attack the enemy in battle, but they are also said to be able to spirit-walk within the Realm of Chaos, communing with daemons and even with the Powers of Chaos themselves. From these mystical journeys and their dreams and visions, the Shamans divine augurs and interpret omens of things to come.

So powerful are the Shamans held to be, and so favoured by the Powers of Chaos, that harming a Shaman is one of the few things that even the brutish Beastmen fear to do – the wrath of Chaos will be unleashed upon the killer of a Shaman, and no Gor or Ungor is fool enough to risk the anger of the Gods.

Here are the files:
Bray-Shaman (~1,0 MB)

Here are some animation previews (attacks A and B):

Attached is civilopedia image 1.

Attachments

• BrayShamanCivilop.png
    BrayShamanCivilop.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 352
Cool! I love all the flying bugs or bats or whatever he sends out in one of his attacks. Very creepy.

You've come along way from making the best ships around, Mr. aaglo sir!

Did you use a bicubic patch for the cloak?

Anyways, great job, as always.:goodjob:

@orthanc,
Yes, the cloak is made of three bicubic patches, trying to smooth out the seams with each other. That was something I was struggling very much about a year ago.

@stormrage,
those are either:
- poisonous insects the shaman invokes to attack the enemy, or
- wooden splinters & shards the shaman magically throws towards the enemy.

Good Job on your Bray-Shaman unit.

note to people planning on using Bray Shaman (and to aaglo when he returns from his hiking trip): ini-file is missing a .flc from attackB.

I love this unit BTW, one of the coolest ever.

edit: I attached a working .ini

Attachments

• BrayShaman.zip
    587 bytes · Views: 202
Aaglo, this is hell sweat:eek: ! I envy your cool unit making powers!!!:cool:
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :spear:
Keep up the good work, your my main unit graphics and design man aaglo lol:lol: :D

Top Bottom