Moon Units (requested; March 12 '06)

R

Rabbit, White

I'm really excited about these (even if I'm not happy with the textures). There are three units I created on the request of woodelf for the Song of the Moon MOD. There is a worker unit wearing a space helmet with oxygen tank on his back. Also, there are three soldiers with helmets and oxygen tanks, albeit with a more sleek, military style.

Each unit is in its own zip and I also provided texture maps with the units (i.e. images that show exactly how the texture is applied to the model) for easier re-skinning. Also, for some of the units I changed the main texture but I only did that to make the screenshots prettier :), and in most cases it's little more than a hue change.

Finally, there was request by thelurgee79 for a Marine with SEAL's weapon, and since I've been working with these units I decided to do that as well (two minute job really :)).

Worker download

I also did a quick test to see how it'll match with SoM's worker skin:

Soldiers

Soldier 1 closeup (based on Marine) download

Soldier 2 closeup (based on Navy S.E.A.L.) download

Soldier 3 closeup (also based on Navy S.E.A.L.) download

Marine with M-16 download

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• moonworker.zip
    122.5 KB · Views: 276
  • moonsoldier1.zip
    180.5 KB · Views: 331
  • moonsoldier2.zip
    186.5 KB · Views: 298
  • moonsoldier3.zip
    98.5 KB · Views: 413
  • marine_m16.zip
    74.9 KB · Views: 296
I may get a womb implanted just for you Rabbit! Just don't tell Kael. :p

They look fantastic. I can't wait to see them in game! Any more brilliance planned for us?

Nice work. Maybe add a version with visor semi-transparency seeing the head inside?

Zuul said:
Nice work. Maybe add a version with visor semi-transparency seeing the head inside?

Rabbit mentioned that, but I wanted opaque. I'm not sure how hard it would be for him to put a realistic face in there.

Zuul said:
I'm definitely going to look into that again, 'cause it would be very cool :), but from my initial tries I don't think it's possible to do without redoing the whole unit. If I put alpha on the visor you can see through it but the head isn't drawn and all you see is an empty helmet. I tried simply cutting a hole in the helmet but it doesn't look good - it looks like a hole in the helmet ;).

You are da man! Or is it rabbit? :)

"soldier 2" reminds me of good ol' days with Doom.

GeoModder said:
Starting to wonder how the engineer would look now in "broken" white. :D

Remember my very first skin attempt....he sort of blended in with the terrain and looked like a stormtrooper.. :D

Could you just remove the rockets on the bazooka man and maybe add a helmet (the uzi he use is enough for some units).

Zuul said:
Could you just remove the rockets on the bazooka man and maybe add a helmet (the uzi he use is enough for some units).
Ok, I put it on my to-do list.

Zuul said:

Ah yes, that could be a pistolman as well.

They are now in the game Rabbit. Thank you so much. The engineer looks incredible working with the airpack and helmet. :D

woodelf said:
They are now in the game Rabbit. Thank you so much. The engineer looks incredible working with the airpack and helmet. :D

Stop drooling and sent the link around! :bounce:

Edit: Oh, I see you did already. :goodjob:

Top Bottom