Techslow 150 and 200 Mods

Mettius

Chieftain
Hello,

This is a simple mod (actually implemented as two) which slows down technology advancement.

The "mod" is implemented as two separate mods, packaged together for convenience. “Techslow 150” and “Techslow 200”
They have the following effects (only) on gameplay:

Techslow 150:
Code:
Technology Research Rates
	% of "Normal"	% of Stock game
			 at said speed
-------------------------------------------------------------
   Quick:	101%	150%
  Normal:	150%	150%
    Epic:	225%	150%
Marathon:	450%	150%

Techslow 200:
Code:
Technology Research Rates
	% of "Normal"	% of Stock game
			 at said speed
-------------------------------------------------------------
   Quick:	134%	200%
  Normal:	200%	200%
    Epic:	300%	200%
Marathon:	600%	200%

New version Techslow v1.2 (attached).

Changelog:
Code:
1.2	- Restored original turn progression from stock Civ IV.
	- Updated Readme	
1.1	- Edits to Readme only

Attachments

• TechSlow-v1.2.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 312
=o Holy crap. It took this long for somone to make this? You are totally awsome. Really, I have always wanted to get a chance to use like, any of my units before they become obsolete in the next five turns.

RxP13 said:
=o Really, I have always wanted to get a chance to use like, any of my units before they become obsolete in the next five turns.

NP, I feel the same way. It was a pretty easy mod, the only hard part was hunting down the correct parameters to change.

I'm going to make a change for the next release and return the number of game turns (ie turn/year progression) back to the defaults. Though I like the game year to better track with historical technological development, our game group never manages to finish a game in one or two sessions given the number of turns at any game speed equal the default "epic" pace. :)

-Mettius

I downloaded this mod, and found two problems.

Firstly, cities automatically went onto legendary cultural status, leading to a cultural victory in about 20 turns. Was this done on purpose?

Secondly, i liked the science idea, but found the game too slow, are there any mods around that have science levels higher but no so extreme, and the normal amount of years per turn?

Cheers.

dollsandshells said:
I downloaded this mod, and found two problems.
Firstly, cities automatically went onto legendary cultural status, leading to a cultural victory in about 20 turns. Was this done on purpose?

Hmm, I don't see this effect. I just played through 30 turns on Techslow 200, and I only advanced to fledgling culture. Which mod (Techslow 150 or 200) are you using? Single/Multiplayer? Which version of the game (1.61?) do you have?

dollsandshells said:
Secondly, i liked the science idea, but found the game too slow, are there any mods around that have science levels higher but no so extreme, and the normal amount of years per turn?

I agree with you on the years/turn issue. I've fixed that. See first post for new download. What sort of speed where you looking for +25% of normal? I can whip it up and add it to the techslow pack pretty quickly.

-Mettius

Hi, at first i didnt get the difference between 150 and 200, so i uploaded them both, now i think i do, 150 is less extreme right? So ive used that one.

The new mod is great, but i still have the same problems. Basically, every city founded is automatically legendary, and the first warrier move always results in a tribe giving you a map of the region, ragardless of whether you actually move to a hut.

As for the version, im new to all of this kinda stuff so you'll have to bear with me. The about this build section is telling me the build version is 0.21.0.1674
(40601)

I havnt touched that part since i bought the game, and havnt downloaded any mods apart from yours. Cheers for the help.

EDIT: Im playing single player.

dollsandshells said:
Hi, at first i didnt get the difference between 150 and 200, so i uploaded them both, now i think i do, 150 is less extreme right? So ive used that one.

Yes, techslow 150 is 150% of "normal" that is, unmodified Civ IV. 200 is 200%.
Our group prefers the 150 version. (Though I personally like the 200) :)

dollsandshells said:
As for the version, im new to all of this kinda stuff so you'll have to bear with me. The about this build section is telling me the build version is 0.21.0.1674
(40601)

Sounds like you may have an old version of the game. (That is unpatched).
"About this build" should list Civ Version as 161 (that is the part that matters, AFAIK).

From the "Advanced" menu click "Check for Updates".
Try that first if you would please.

-Mettius

hey, i sorted everything out, the new patch fixed it. Forgot to say thanks, so doing it now. Cheers, its really is awesome, a few problems with not having stuff to build ect, but on the whole its great.

Hi, this looks like a nice deal.

Looking forward to using this, and wondering if you can whip up a lesser version like maybe 125% ?

Does this work well in Multiplayer also? considering all players use the mod?

Top Bottom