Warp-Lightning Cannon (March 18th, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!
Here is a Skaven Warp-Lightning Cannon. Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia from the games workshop website:
The most recent addition to Clan Skryre's arsenal is the powerful warp-lightning cannon. This bizarre gun is powered by a huge chunk of raw warpstone. Its magical energy is channelled through a series of lenses that amplify and concentrate it. When the weapon is fired, a bright green bolt of lightning surges from the weapon's muzzle, powerful enough to shatter mountains.

Here are the files:
Warp-lightning cannon (~672 kb)

Fix!
Here is the missing death sound.

Here is an attack-animation preview:

Attached is a civilopedia preview.

Attachments

• WarpCannonCivilop.png
    WarpCannonCivilop.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 400
He's a machine,a unit cranking-out machine!

Very nice looking gun aaglo :thumbsup:

now seriously, is this some kind of record for the most units completed in the shortest time???.....

Is that the best weapon in the WH game?I can't fathom on that being a unit for bombardment attack.I say give that as a attack strength 1000 and bombardment strength of 1000.:lol:

Yeah, no kidding. It's got quite the ray-beam-gun thing going on!

:lol: Yeah, it almost looks like it belongs in WH 40K rather than WH Fantasy!

Good unit, though.

Hikaro Takayama said:
:lol: Yeah, it almost looks like it belongs in WH 40K rather than WH Fantasy!
Precisely why I'm more interested in playing WH40K than WH Fantasy. (That, and I hardly know anybody with WH Fantasy armies that I can freeload off of.)

That's one cool looking gun you got there... :)

Storm Grunt said:
now seriously, is this some kind of record for the most units completed in the shortest time???.....
Last February I made 70 Star Trek and other Sci Fi units... But none were looking as great as this gun though... :D

I also see the confusion in which game this unit belongs.It does seem too high-Tech for WH, but where does WH leave off and WH40k begin???

aaglo said:
I don't know.. about a year ago, I once did 6 units in one week. That was a bit hectic.

Flamand said:
Last February I made 70 Star Trek and other Sci Fi units... But none were looking as great as this gun though...

Ok you guy's are crazy...after a couple of hours of trying to do city graphics my eyes feel like their gonna start bleeding :lol:

Sounds like you have the makings of another monthly unit makers challenge catagory...see who can submit the most and best units in a month like a bi-athalon....

Sweet, the way the warpstone is used here reminds me of a nuke, with those two half-sheres compressing the material, forcing it to react.:D

Sweet unit, I've always said bigger gun=crazy fun.

:thumbsup:

Love it!
Nice magitech feel to it.

That's a great recharge mechanism you've got aaglo. The cannon is simply amazing. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom