Abandon all hope ye who enter...

Niccolo

Chieftain
Borrowing heavily from Milton's Paradise Lost, Dante's Inferno, and Pandemonium/Hell/Infernus MUSHes (http://infernus.moosh.net/

Please confess your sins...er... provide ideas.

Hell Mod Design Notes

Concepts
Torment (Food)
Soul shaping (Hammers)
Favors (Gold)

Suffering (Health)
Redemption (Unhealth)

Secrets (Science)
Dominion (Culture)

Great Damnation (Great Person)

Submission (Happiness)
Rebellion (Unhappiness)

Civilizations
Lucifer (Pride)
Lilith (Lust)
Beelzebub (Gluttony)
Mammon (Greed)
Moloch (Anger)
Belial (Sloth)
Mulciber (Envy)

Units
Fallen (evil winged swordsmen)
Succubus (reskinned spy)
Devil (Orc Axe)
Demon
Damned (Undead)
Ferry (reskinned galley with cloaked figure)

Unique Units
Lucifer (Pride)
Lilith (Lust)
Beelzebub (Gluttony)
Mammon (Greed)
Moloch (Anger)
Belial (Sloth)
Mulciber (Envy)

World Unit: 1
Mephistopholes
Geryon
Malacoda
Charon
Chemos (Incubus)
Gresil
Baal
Harut
Semyaza
Azazel
Leviathan
Behemoth
Astaroth (Succubus)
Belphegore
Dagon
Dispater
Zariel
Adramelech
Tesmeyatran

Factions (Religions)
Infernal Inquisition
Malebranche
The Tamarin
Servants of Morning Star
Society of Prometheus
Children of Night
Sons of Light
The Wheel of Life

Terrain
Night (New) +Torment + Shaping + Favor
Volcano (Peak) +Torment + Shaping + Favor
Barren (Desert) +Torment + Shaping + Favor
Blasted Hills (Hill) + Torment+ Shaping + Favor
Ashed(Grassland) +Torment + Shaping + Favor
Blooded (Plain) +Torment + Shaping + Favor
(Tundra) +Torment + Shaping + Favor
Sea of Fire, Burning Lake, (Coast) + Torment + Shaping + Favor
(Ice) +Torment + Shaping + Favor

The Damned (Resources)
Pagans (+Secrets)
Lustful (+Torment)
Adulturers (+Torment)
Rapists (+Torment)
Gluttonous (+Torment)
Hoarders (+Favors)
Wrathful (+Shaping)
Heretics (+Suffering)
Blasphemers (+Suffering)
Violent
Murderers (+Shaping)
Robbers (+Shaping)
Plunderers (+Shaping)
Suicides (+Shaping) Forest
Vandals (+Shaping)
Ursurers (+Favors)
Fraudulent (+Suffering)
Panderers (+Favors)
Seducers (+Suffering)
Flatters (+Favors)
Simoniacs (+Favors)
Sorcerers (+Secrets)
Barrators (+Suffering)
Hyopcrites (+Suffering)
Thieves (+Favors)
Counselors (+Secrets)
Sowers of Discord (+Suffering)
Falsifiers (+Suffering)
Traitors (+Suffering)
to Kindred
to Country
to Guests
to Lords

Buildings

Wonders

Revealed Secrets (Technology)
The Seven Deadly Sins
Pride
Envy
Gluttony
Lust
Anger
Greed
Sloth

Other
Alchemy
Sorcery
Conjuration
Delusion
Hellfire
Prophecy

The Council of Pandemonium (The UN)

Places (Cities)
Gehenna
Sheol
Tartarus
Niflheim
Acheron
Haa-Yawen
Necrotia
Nasagriam
Urdurgh
Kerr'epytha
Urzsei Dis

Other Included Mods
MercenaryMod

Attachments

• hellgame.jpg
    hellgame.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 347
  • hellmainscreen.jpg
    hellmainscreen.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 254
Is this a totally new mod? I know Kael mentioned they were doing something like this for fall from heaven. The screenshot looks sweet btw along with the whole idea!

Yes! That looks fantastic - link me up, and I'll gladly torment the damned.

naf4ever said:
Is this a totally new mod? I know Kael mentioned they were doing something like this for fall from heaven. The screenshot looks sweet btw along with the whole idea!

While I greatly respect the work that Kael and his cohorts have been doing with Fall From Heaven, having spent many many hours playing it's various pre-1.0 versions, and having found looking at the guts of that mod very helpful... it's an independent project.

The theme will be unique and draw from classical sources; primarily a medieval-christian apocrypha interpretation. Though with sufficent aid, I might be willing to add other hells... such as Niflheim, Hades, Feng Du.

Unsure to what degree I want to borrow from D&D planar cosmology.

I imagine the spell system will be fairly simple; largely represented through promotions.

Lots of "Named" units for various demons and devils. With anti-HERO promotions similar to FFH.

The techonolgy tree will totally change. Terrain will totally change. Resources will totally change. Buildings will totally change. Wonders will totally change.

Niccolo said:
While I greatly respect the work that Kael and his cohorts have been doing with Fall From Heaven, having spent many many hours playing it's various pre-1.0 versions, and having found looking at the guts of that mod very helpful... it's an independent project....

Well sweet then,, i look forward to it. Maybe for barbarians you could have a random ice spec's sorcerer walking around blasting things backed up by a zeal paladin, a necromancer using golems and a spear chucking amazon chick,,,,, oh wait, wrong game :)

naf4ever said:
Well sweet then,, i look forward to it. Maybe for barbarians you could have a random ice spec's sorcerer walking around blasting things backed up by a zeal paladin, a necromancer using golems and a spear chucking amazon chick,,,,, oh wait, wrong game :)

Indeed. I was thinking more along the lines of rebellious damned, a few zealous crusaders, dark unspeakable things from the depths of night, and perhaps sometimes a flight of angels. Perhaps some Grigori and their giantic offspring?

It looks awesome Niccolo, if you would like to use any FfH units (fire elementals, demons, etc) or other objects help yourself. I can't wait to play it!

I agree, it looks great. BTW, thanks for using the mercenaries mod in it :D.

woodelf said:
Nice looking start Niccolo. Good luck man.

Thanks for the encouragement. Song of the Moon has also been a great inspiration with it's complete redesign of terrain, resources and tech-tree. In particular, I've found reskining terrain to be within my capability and delivering a big change in how the game feels to play. It was Song of the Moon's changed intro screen that inspired me to make the lovely volcanic planet in the screen shot.

I can barely take credit for any of that, but the others will be glad to hear that it was inspiring. If you need anything let me know.

Kael said:
It looks awesome Niccolo, if you would like to use any FfH units (fire elementals, demons, etc) or other objects help yourself. I can't wait to play it!

Thanks! I'll definitely be taking you up on using FfH units. I'm going to add Meshaber of Dis in tribute. :king: Yes, we have a special place for you in Hell. ;)

The Eidolons might make excellent Legionaires for Moloch.

I'm also going to use Chalid's fantasy buildings, that is... at least the Veil ones.

TheLopez said:
I agree, it looks great. BTW, thanks for using the mercenaries mod in it :D.

Even though they don't have currency, the Fallen are very mercenary. Also, with the number of solitary world units I'm planning, mercenaries might be one way they can get traded around a bit. Need to invade a Citadel of Night? We hire out some of Rimmon's Legion of Flame. I also like the promotions that have been integrated with MercenaryMod.

This look pretty damn good. I was supposed to help Korvgubben create a Heaven/Hell mod, but it seems like you beat us to it (minus the Heaven).

Good luck!

Top Bottom