Ju87 Stuka

snafusmith

Unit Maker
Info: Ju 87 Stuka
Poly: ~1500
History: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_87

After a lot of fiddling, here it is. I was unable to get it to be animated, but I'm more than willing to give the model to anyone who wants to try.

This is my first unit with a separate texture (I normally have it built into the .nif file). That said, I included the base texture I worked off of to skin it. The file Ju87.dds will make the plane all white, with seams and other details visible. Just color in where you want your camo/insignias. The Ju87_camo.dds file is the name needed for the texture used on the model.

Another note on the texture; I couldn't find any good ones out their to use, so I had to make my own from scratch. I'm a 3d modeller, not a skinner so it didn't turn out perfect but good enough for me.

Feel free to use it anywhere, so long as you give credit. Also, if you make a new skin and post it, please link to this thread.

ENJOY!

-Smitty

Attachments

• Ju87 Stuka.JPG
    Ju87 Stuka.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,604
  • Ju87 Stuka.zip
    82.3 KB · Views: 649
Great one ! I was anxious to see it since your "unit preview" thread. The model is just ideal, textures also quite nice, especially given the fact that you did them yourself.

I wish I could make some models to give back to you guys for all the great units that are coming out. Thanks for this beautiful plane, that caused so much fear with its siren, of impending doom. Oooh....good idea for an animation...again, if I only had the skills.

Patricius

How do I add this to my "Desert War" scenario? I'd like to do this for all the air units, as a B1 bomber doesn't quite fit the look, but you know that. Thanks

Wow... That's the biggest case of Necromancy I've ever seen...

I don't know much about scenarios. I think they're a lot like mods. If you are already an XML modder, it's just like any other unit. Are you having some sort of trouble?

Top Bottom