New Model - Forest Dragon (3/21/06)

Dual

Gun Mage
I know a few people have been asking for dragons, so I tried my luck at making one. I'm not as good at modeling living creatures as I am machines, so the quality is not great. But it's still recognizable as a dragon. Or at least a giant lizard. :D

I didn't think I'd be able to make wings look good on it, so it's a land dwelling dragon. :) And I decided to color it like it lived in a forest, hence the name.

No animations yet, but I'll probably go back to it in the future and try my hand at it. The polygon count is 1496.

F_Dragon.jpg F_Dragons2.jpg

Attachments

• FOREST_DRAGON.zip
    38.9 KB · Views: 342
Yippee, a Dragon! Great work Dual. :thumbsup:

Maybe you could add Rabbits wings to it, but right now a walking dragon is good enough. Excellent.

Can it be skinned?

Even though it's a land dragon it should open up the flood gates to what's possible. I'll look at the dds when I get home.

Same as with the Unicorn et al....what unit should I reference this against? I tried lion and tank and got the dreaded red blob each time! :(

woodelf said:
Same as with the Unicorn et al....what unit should I reference this against? I tried lion and tank and got the dreaded red blob each time! :(

This is how I set it up in my game:

Code:
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_FOREST_DRAGON</Type>
			<fScale>0.6</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Units/FOREST_DRAGON/FOREST_DRAGON.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Bear/Bear.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/FOREST_DRAGON/FOREST_DRAGON.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/BearShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>LionBip Spine</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>.6</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

You probably don't need the "Bear.kfm". I had just left it in there when I edited the tags.

Ploeperpengel said:
Tank?! you have thoughts, would love the sound that of that kind of dragon :lol:

Heh. Sometimes late at night I come up with some doozies! :p

I must confess that I shrunk him down and am using him as a servicable lizard at the moment. ;)

Top Bottom